Welcome to my vegetable pasta bowls in the soup maker.
I don’t know about you but I love pasta. Not the wholemeal pasta as I think it is horrible (from what I have tried) but the real starchy white stuff that every nutrition on the planet would love to stop production of.
I have grown up (like many other kids) on macaroni cheese, spaghetti bolognese, lasagne and of course tuna pasta.
My opinion on the naughty pasta is that as long as you are only eating it 1-2 times a week and you are having something healthy in the dish (such as loads of veg) to balance it out, then it is not going to kill you!
When I make pasta (especially lasagne) I find that you spend hours and hours with the preparation and it can put me off making it.
However make it as a nice stew style soup and you can have it all prepared and cooking away in a couple of minutes.
This recipe can also be adapted depending on what ingredients that you have in and what you’re in the mood for.
Vegetable Pasta Bowls In The Soup Maker
- Dice the green beans into one centemitre slices.
- Peel the onion, carrot and potato and dice.
- Slice the courgette.
- Place all the vegetables, pasta, beans and seasoning in the soup maker.
- Add the red wine and tinned tomatoes and mix well.
- Place the ingredients on the chunky soup setting for 25 minutes and then serve.