Welcome to my Instant Pot Chicken Recipes and more specifically 101 Instant Pot Chicken Recipes For The Complete Beginner.
I still remember the exact date that I got my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. It was the 25th November 2016 and my daughter Sofia’s 2nd birthday. We got it in a pre-Black Friday sale. While everyone else was fighting over whether there was any left on Back Friday we had just had ours delivered.
It arrived in the middle of birthday fun, so we took a quick look at the box and put it down so that we could play with it in more detail later.
For the rest of the party you could see that both Dominic and I were getting itchy feet as we were dying to try it out and see what all the fuss was like.
Just like with many Instant Pot users we were new to pressure cooking and shocked by the thought that an electrical pressure cooker could do so many amazing things. We were part of the generation who had grandparents that blew up pressure cookers with mushy peas and were rather scared of them, having had such vivid memories through childhood.
But we had learnt that the new electrical generation of pressure cookers were so AMAZING that it was worth the gamble.
The next day we had it out of its box and were doing the water test. It never really phased us, and we just got on with it and loved every moment of it.
We waited until the New Year of 2017 before we posted a single Instant Pot recipe, because we wanted to be knowledgeable with it and not just give out terrible beginner advice.
But nearly 2 years since we got our first Instant Pot Pressure Cooker we have realised one main thing……and that is that the majority of the food we cook in our Instant Pot is chicken recipes.
I also notice that I am not alone and many of us rely on our Instant Pot for chicken dishes. That’s why I thought it would be great fun to put together an Instant Pot chicken recipes collection. Where I share 101 Instant Pot chicken recipes that are perfect for the complete beginner.
Instant Pot Basic Chicken Beginner Recipes
I wanted to start with some chicken recipes that we should all know how to cook. Whether you progress to the other Instant Pot chicken recipes or not, you need these basic chicken beginner recipes in your collection.
I would start by learning how to cook chicken breast from frozen. It is perfect for when you have forgotten to get some chicken out, or your chicken has not thawed properly before cooking.
Next on the agenda MUST be cooking a rotisserie chicken in the Instant Pot. Not quite as crispy compared to the air fryer, but simple and easy! Or a good alternative to this is to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, just like a slow cooker version but much quicker.
Another favourite of mine is to use your Instant Pot to make fast shredded chicken. You literally throw in all your ingredients and then let the Instant Pot do the hard work for you.
If you want to decrease your food waste then using up your old chicken carcass for some chicken broth is a MUST.
If you want just a basic chicken curry that you can turn to time and time again then you need this one. Then alter it for whatever foods you have in. For example, I love to add vegetables to mine or serve it with a naan bread.
Or how about a tutorial showing you how to make Instant Pot Chicken Thighs?
Here are some more basic Instant Pot chicken recipes:
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Chicken & Dumplings
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Shredded Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Tamarind Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Dinner
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Meatballs & Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Liver & Onions
- Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Instant Pot Chile Lime Shredded Chicken
- Mediterranean Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes
Next, I wanted to say that I bought an Instant Pot because I like speed. I like the idea that when I am in a rush for my dinner, I can throw the ingredients in the Instant Pot and forget about it.
I love coconut butter potatoes and chicken for a nice speedy family meal. I can guarantee when it tastes this good that there won’t be any left!
Even more quick chicken dinner recipes:
- Jamaican Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot Citrus Chicken
- Paleo White Chili Chicken
- Instant Pot Guinness Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Paprikash
- Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Chicken Carnitas
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken
- Spicy Honey Instant Pot Chicken
- Honey & Sesame Chicken
- 5 Minute White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Basil Chicken Coconut Curry
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Apricot Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken With Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Instant Pot Asian Chicken Recipes
I love my Asian food. I grew up on Indian food, used to work in a Thai restaurant and have also worked in an Indian takeaway. Indian is my favourite, then Chinese, then Thai and I also have a soft spot for Japanese cuisine too. I have never tried Vietnamese or Filipino food, but they are on the top of my list of new cuisines to get excited about.
Let’s start with some delicious butter chicken in the Instant Pot. I love butter chicken and when growing up, it was what I ALWAYS ordered from the Indian restaurant. Along with some naan bread and some pilau rice.
Next for my favourite foods has to be some Japanese chicken in the Instant Pot.
Here are some more yummy Asian chicken dishes in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Chicken Teriyaki
- Vietnamese Chicken Pho
- Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
- Pressure Cooker Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Korma
- Pulled Tandoori Chicken
- Instant Pot Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Asian Chicken
Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Recipes
If you are watching the calories you consume and want something that is super healthy then these Instant Pot chicken recipes are perfect for you.
Kick starting it with some chicken burrito bowls that I often have for lunch.
Or how about a low carb French chicken recipe in the Instant Pot?
Because my idea of chicken in the Instant Pot is mainly healthy here is loads more:
- Low Carb Chicken Curry
- Low Carb Chicken Bratwurst
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- Low Carb Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Healthy Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Lemon Poached Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Chicken & Broccoli
- Instant Pot Maple BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chili Chicken
- Instant Pot Balsamic Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Soup Recipes
I love chicken soup and it turns out that there is a lot of different takes on chicken soup for you to choose from! My favourite is chicken enchiladas soup. As it feels like you’re having something naughty when in fact it is super healthy. Or here is a similar option with a chicken tortilla soup. Or a third alternative would be chicken taco soup in the Instant Pot.
Or another delicious soup recipe in the Instant Pot is chicken lentil soup.
More delicious Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
- White Bean & Chicken Soup
- Chicken Orzo Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas Soup
- Simple Low Carb Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Apple, Chicken & Sausage Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Pasta Recipes
I am certain that the Instant Pot was invented so that I could cook chicken and pasta together at the same time. And OMG they taste so, so good. In our house my youngest son (who is 2 next week) has two favourite foods. One is pasta and the other is chicken. He makes a lot of mess eating spaghetti, but it always makes us smile.
But we have more and this chicken parmesan casserole gets me hungry every time!
Here are a few more pasta recipes in the Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Pasta Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot White Chicken Spaghetti
Instant Pot Chicken Rice Recipes
After chicken pasta dishes comes chicken rice dishes. There is just something so comforting about a plate of chicken and rice. It makes the day complete and we have found some amazing beginner Instant Pot chicken and rice recipes for you.
Getting the chicken and rice party started with some lime cilantro (coriander for those that don’t know what cilantro is) chicken and rice.
Or how about you spice it up and meal prep it with this spicy chicken and rice recipe?
If you love Mediterranean cooking like we do, then you will love this take on Greek Chicken and rice.
Here are a few more delicious chicken rice recipes in the Instant Pot:
- Chicken Rice & Broccoli Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken & Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken, Rice & Vegetables
- Instant Pot Chicken & Broccoli Cheesy Rice
- Instant Pot Cajun Chicken & Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Rice Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Creamy Parmesan One Pot Chicken & Rice
There you have it with 101 new and exciting beginner chicken recipes for the Instant Pot for you to try out.
Or if you have not yet got yourself an Instant Pot yet, then this is one we use every day. We also have the larger one for when we are cooking larger meals or if it’s a piece of meat that doesn’t fit into our regular Instant Pot.
Best of luck with your chicken recipes in the Instant Pot and you can subscribe below and be in the loop whenever we add new recipes to recipethis.com.