Welcome to my after 8 mint ice cream in the ice cream maker recipe.
I will start by saying that after 8 mints is something that I have grown up with. They have been part of my childhood and I couldn’t imagine not eating them. They were and still are my Dad’s favourite chocolate.
Every Christmas people would buy him for Christmas and at family gatherings there would always be some after 8 mints doing the rounds.
Whenever there was a copycat version of after 8 mints he would not be pleased and I would get to eat them.
Recently when I was reviewing these other mint chocolates it was actually the first time ever that he had eaten some that were not after 8 mints.
He told me there was a serious problem with them – he couldn’t stop eating them. This was the reason why I gave them to him because I had no off switch.
But on a recipe blog and with us dedicating the month to ice cream maker recipes the month is over today and today is my last recipe for the month.
And I was looking over what I had done and what I hadn’t done. Mint chocolate ice cream had kind of passed me by and with After 8 Mints being on offer this week in the supermarket I thought why not?
Why not crush up some After 8 Mints into some ice cream and enjoy a real treat for that last day.
Next month (well tomorrow) we are back with a healthier theme so I thought I would enjoy the last recipe for the blog that is naughty for a while!!!
So if you like mints and love After 8 Mints then this is for you. Though beware you may find yourself eating loads of them before they even make their way into the freezer.
After 8 Mint Ice Cream In The Ice Cream Maker
- In a saucepan on a medium heat mix in your milk and cream. Add your vanilla essence and make sure it is heated up well. Place to one side.
- In a small mixing bowl add your egg yolks and caster sugar and mix well with a good electric whisk. When it is light and fluffy add it to your pan, mix in and then place in the fridge for an hour to cool.
- Place your contents in your ice cream maker and allow whirling for about 20 minutes.
- Chop up the After 8 Mints into small sizes and add them gradually to the ice cream maker. Allow to continue to whirl for a further 25 minutes until the ice cream is fully set.
- Place into ice cream pots and freeze for about an hour.