Air Fryer Bacon. How to cook bacon in air fryer with our step by step air fryer bacon guide. Includes air fryer bacon cooking time, temperature, how to create crispy bacon along with tips and tricks.
This air fryer bacon was originally posted in June 2017 and updated with different bacon and lots of new extras!
Air Fryer Bacon
When I think about bacon I am back in childhood. Long before the creation of air fryer bacon and bacon was cooked on the grill in the oven.
My parents had their own holiday flats by the sea in a small seaside town in Yorkshire, England.
In the summer the town would be full of tourists and you had to walk on the road to get where you were going, because there were more people than pavement space.
When people came to stay at our holiday flats they would bring with them everything but the kitchen sink. Bags loaded with weekly groceries so that they could save money while on vacation.
One guarantee was, that they would eat bacon and fried breakfasts every single day. The whole of the building smelt of bacon and come cleaning day when they left, you had a LOT of lard to remove from the oven from all the bacon.
While me and my mum and her cleaners got rid of the bacon lard, my dad had the best job.
He would flirt with the over 50’s ladies and you can guarantee that at least 3 different ladies would have made him bacon sandwiches throughout the week.
I can still close my eyes and I am back in 1993 and I can see him sat outside in the sunshine with his bacon butty.
That was my childhood home between 1988 and 2000 when I moved in with Dominic. My parents sold it 2 years later and enjoyed early retirement.
But those summers in the 90’s is what I think of whenever I smell fresh just cooked bacon. But now in this modern world of air frying, we can enjoy bacon but without all that lard to clean up.
Can You Cook Bacon In An Air Fryer?
Yes you can. Air fryer bacon is delicious and a wonderful use of your air fryer. The air fryer in many ways, is like a grill and if you think that often when you make bacon at home it will be grilled.
But because the air fryer is like a deep fat fryer, its easier to create crispy bacon.
Is Air Fryer Bacon Healthier?
The air fryer is no healthier than cooking bacon on a grill or a griddle. The excess fat drips below reducing the fat on your bacon. Compared to the old school method of cooking bacon in a pan with butter or lard.
Best Air Fryer For Cooking Bacon?
Anna has tested the Power Air Fryer XL for cooking American streaky bacon today, but any air fryer that is an air fryer basket does the best job of cooking bacon in the air fryer.
You can of course use an air fryer oven, but I find that an air fryer oven doesn’t do as good a job at making crispy bacon.
FREE Bacon For Your Air Fryer
You can also get free bacon to cook in the air fryer when you sign up for one of the cheap monthly meat subscription boxes with Butcher Box.
How Do You Cook Bacon In An Air Fryer?
Cooking bacon in an air fryer is EASY:
- Remove packaging from your bacon and any excess bacon juices.
- Load bacon into the air fryer basket.
- Cook your bacon for 3 minutes on each side at 200c.
How Long To Cook Bacon In Air Fryer?
The air fryer bacon cook time varies depending on how crispy you like your bacon. For regular cooked bacon 6 minutes is an ideal cook time. Then cook in sessions of 2 minutes to get your desired crispiness.
What Temperature For Air Fryer Bacon?
The recommended air fryer temperature for your bacon is 200c/400f. This will result in perfectly cooked bacon and will have helped the bacon to start getting crispy.
Air Fryer Back Bacon
If air fryer back bacon is more your thing than streaky bacon, I recommend a cook time of 3 minutes on each side at 180c/360f.
Air Fryer Bacon Tips
Below you will find our air fryer bacon tips for the best air fryer bacon. As well as this here are a few questions that our readers have asked about bacon in air fryer that we have answered for you.
Do ask in the comments if your air fryer bacon question is not answered and we will add it for you.
- Air Fryer Bacon Grease – If you hate grease on your bacon, dab the bacon with kitchen towel once cooked and it will remove any excess grease.
- Air Fryer Bacon No Smoke – When you cook any fatty meats in the air fryer there is always the risk of smoke and bacon is no different. To reduce the chances of this happening go for a leaner, healthier brand of bacon.
- Air Fryer Bacon Not Crispy – If you want crispy bacon in the air fryer then I recommend that you follow our air fryer bacon cook time and then cook 2 minutes at a time until the bacon is at the crispy level that you prefer.
- What To Air Fry Bacon On? You can air fry your bacon directly in your air fryer basket. No need for a special air fryer accessory and the excess fat will be collected in the bottom of your air fryer.
Air Fryer Bacon Recipes
Here at Recipe This we LOVE bacon in the air fryer and here are a few more air fryer bacon recipes to try next:
- Air Fryer Bacon & Eggs
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes With Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts With Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon
Air Fryer Bacon Recipe Ingredients:
- 750 g Pack Bacon
- Remove packaging from your bacon and discard any bacon juices.
- Load the bacon into the air fryer basket, spreading out and making sure your bacon has space to cook.
- Cook your bacon for 3 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Using tongs turn your bacon over and cook for the same time and temp again on the other side.
- Dab your bacon dry with kitchen towel to remove the excess grease.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: