Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev. Delicious truly crispy chicken kiev cooked from frozen in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev is an update of my air fryer chicken kiev supper recipe that I originally published in the December of 2015.
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev
I always remember growing up the smell of a recently cooked chicken kiev. It smelt absolutely delicious with the mixture of garlic butter, breadcrumbs and chicken. It was like food heaven. Back in the 90’s this was the normal dinner that a kid would expect when they came home from school.
Right now, they still sell them in the local supermarkets with many different brands doing their take on the traditional chicken kiev.
But with the birth of the Air Fryer they can taste much better because unlike the oven, the air fryer will crisp them to perfection.
Or alternative you can make your own homemade chicken kiev, Today I will be sharing with you both homemade and frozen chicken kievs.
Homemade Chicken Kiev
For the healthier way to enjoy chicken kiev is to cook it from scratch. A quick ten minutes or so of preparation and you have an amazing Air Fryer Chicken dish waiting for the kids when they come home from school. But don’t feel like you need to feed your kids separately as the parents will love these too!
Confession time. I would say Dominic and I have eaten them more than Kyle!
Homemade Chicken Kiev Ingredients:
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 100 g Soft Cheese (garlic and herb flavour)
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- 1 Medium Egg (beaten)
- 100 g Breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
To cook homemade chicken kiev in the air fryer you:
- Mix together half the parsley, the garlic and the soft cheese.
- With a rolling pin flatten out the chicken breast and then chop it in half. This then allows you to have a top and a bottom part of the chicken breast and makes it good for stuffing.
- Place the mixture in the middle and push the two chicken breasts together.
- In a mixing bowl add the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and the remainder of the parsley.
- Cover the chicken in the beaten egg and roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook on a 180c/360f in the Air Fryer for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the breadcrumbs are crispy.
Frozen Chicken Kiev
The main difference between a frozen chicken kiev in the air fryer and a homemade is there is a cooking time reduction. This is because frozen food is often smaller and doesn’t need as long of a cooking time.
To cook frozen chicken kiev in the air fryer, load them into your basket, set the temperature to 180c/360f and cook for 20 minutes.
That really is it. Homemade or frozen chicken kiev in the air fryer is simple and delicious. After all, the simple food can be the best!
Chicken Kiev And Chips
For me, chicken kiev wouldn’t be the same unless it was served as chicken kiev and chips. The great thing is, that you can use frozen French fries and cook them in your air fryer, just like you cooked your frozen chicken kiev in there. If you have a standard air fryer I recommend my Frozen Air Fryer Fries, or for the oven user our Air Fryer Oven Frozen French Fries.
Homemade Chicken Kiev For Slimming World
Our homemade chicken kiev recipe is ideal for if you are on Slimming World and want to make a low syn Chicken Kiev. Simply use breadcrumbs from your healthy extras and just count the small amount of cheese as syns. Plus, make your own garlic puree by mincing some garlic.
More Air Fryer Frozen Food Recipes
We love air fryer frozen food. So much so that we have created a full guide showing you how to cook frozen food in the air fryer, as well as lots of Air Fryer Frozen Food Recipes Below.
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Frozen Mini Pizzas
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- Air Fryer Frozen KFC Chicken
- Air Fryer Frozen KFC Hot Wings
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen McCain Oven Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Lemon Pepper Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Fish & Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Chili Cheese Nuggets
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Kiev
- 2 Frozen Chicken Kievs
- Preheat the air fryer to 180c/360f.
- Place 2 chicken kievs that are frozen into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 180c/360f and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: