Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan. Served with Air Fryer French Fries, low in fat, easy to make, 3 minutes of prep and all cooked in the Air Fryer this is an air fryer owners dream.
I last showed you how to make chicken parmesan in the Air Fryer last week. It was a more traditional take on chicken parmesan with spaghetti, a homemade tomato sauce and plenty of delicious melted cheese.
But the thing about a classic chicken parmesan is that it takes time to cook in the Air Fryer. It is not a 2-minute recipe and has quite a bit of messing about to get it just right.
With today being Leftover Tuesday in my Mrs Beeton campaign, I thought it was perfect to show you how to make a fast chicken parmesan in the Air Fryer with French Fries rather than with spaghetti. Plus, there is no homemade tomato sauce to make either.
This Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan must be one of the lowest breaded chicken prep meals that I have ever made, and it is so good too.
You create your production line first with your breaded mixture in one bowl and your egg in another:
You chop your chicken into butterfly chicken like I have outlined below and then make your French Fries. Then you let your Air Fryer do all the hard work for you!
As this is one of our Leftover Tuesday recipes there is one big difference to this recipe – I am NOT a pack of breadcrumbs to make it with. Instead I have a packet of flavoured parmesan crisps and have mixed it with a very small amount of breadcrumbs instead. This is because I have these crisps that are at their sell by date and need using up and that is what our Tuesdays are all about!
These crisps (when put in my blender) make the BEST EVER coating for my Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan that you have ever seen. Then of course you cover it with lots of cheese, ready for a final melted cheese moment in the Air Fryer.
Once you make this, there will be no going back.
Then even better the fries are cooked under the chicken parmesan and this adds a lovely chicken parmesan flavour to the French Fries.
As well as this we cook the French Fries in the Air Fryer with the skin on. This means ZERO waste and less time preparing your Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan and Fries!
#AirFryer #Chicken #Parmesan and #Fries #Recipe @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Chop up your potatoes into French Fries keeping the skin on.
- Set up your production line. In one bowl beat the eggs and add to it the basil, salt and pepper along with some garlic puree. Blend the crisps until fine and in another bowl add them along with black pepper and a handful of leftover breadcrumbs. Mix the second bowl well.
- Butterfly the chicken and place them onto a clean chopping board.
- Place your French Fries in the Air Fryer and cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f with your tablespoon of olive oil.
- Remove the basket from the Air Fryer and replace it with the Air Fryer Grill Pan.
- Cover the butterfly chicken in the parmesan coating, then in the egg and then back in the parmesan coating. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When it beeps place the chicken over the French Fries, decorate the top with the cheese and then cook in the Air Fryer at the same temperature for a further 4 minutes.
The easy system I have is that I cook the French Fries first in the Air Fryer basket, then I take out the basket, put them to one side and cook the chicken parmesan in the Air Fryer grill pan. Then when the chicken is nearly cooked I transfer the chicken to the basket, add some cheese and finish the cooking process.
Its much easier and then you don’t have an air fryer overcrowding problem. The bag of parmesan crisps that we used were 100g in weight. Parmesan crisps carry a bit of moisture this is perfect for making Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken without butter as it sticks better. I find that 2 medium chicken breasts when butterflied easily make 4 good sized pieces for chicken parmesan.