Air Fryer Chicken Thighs & Instant Pot Root Mash. A delicious Air Fryer and Instant Pot meal, pairing together the 2 most popular kitchen gadgets. Quick and easy and perfect for a mid-week chicken and vegetable mash meal for you and your family.
I probably have about 12 main kitchen gadgets in my house. I am such a kitchen gadget junkie that it is a good job I have a decent sized house, to have space for them all.
But out of all of my kitchen gadgets my air fryer and my instant pot get the most use. My air fryer has replaced my microwave, toaster, deep fat fryer, grill, BBQ and cast-iron pans. My Instant Pot has replaced my steamer, rice cooker, pasta maker, popcorn maker, chunky soup maker and I now rarely use the oven because of it.
So, when you take all of these machines out, you can see why I have my air fryer and instant pot on most days, in order to cook lunch or dinner.
Today I am pairing up two of my all time favourite meals together. Chicken and mash. Chicken and mash in my opinion, is one of those great all-time classics. Both always high in protein therefore if you live a frugal life, you can fill yourself up on a lot LESS.
But we have gone a bit more healthy than classic chicken and mash with root vegetables being used in the mash, rather than just traditional white potato mash. We also will be cooking root vegetable mash in the Instant Pot, while the chicken thighs cook in the air fryer.
This saves a LOT of time and makes dinner so much quicker.
You could also call this the bottom of your fridge Instant Pot Root Mash and use up whatever spare root vegetables you have that are left over that need using up.
In our version we used:
- White Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes
But you could use whatever you like. Its also a perfect size for 2 people with each person having 2 small Air Fryer chicken thighs each as well as a good portion of Instant Pot root mash too.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#AirFryer #Chicken Thighs & #InstantPot Root #Mash #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#AirFryer #Chicken Thighs & #InstantPot Root #Mash #Recipe @recipe_this”]
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs & Instant Pot Root Mash
- Prepare your root vegetables and place it into the Instant Pot for making into root mash.
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Rub a teaspoon of olive oil between the chicken thighs skin of 4 chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs in the Air Fryer grill pan and cook for 14 minutes at 190c/375f.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, drain the vegetables, place them into a big mixing bowl and using your masher, mash them until you have smooth mash.
- Serve the Air Fryer chicken thighs over the instant pot root vegetable mash.