Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables. Introducing you to the art of air fryer frozen vegetables, sharing both tips and delicious air fryer frozen vegetable recipes.
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
I wanted to prove that frozen vegetables when cooked in kitchen gadgets such as the instant pot, can be delicious and that frozen food doesn’t mean bland and boring.
A year on, I have only bought fresh broccoli twice and get excited over how delicious frozen vegetables are when pressure cooked.
But I also realise that I have rarely spoken about air fryer frozen vegetables or shared with you my favourite air fryer frozen vegetable recipes.
Well until now that is.
Throughout the last year we have been cooking new frozen vegetables in the air fryer, getting excited over old ones and realising that frozen doesn’t mean bad.
Today the plan is to run through our favourite air fryer frozen vegetables and to share with you, which methods work best at home.
Let’s go grocery shopping, buy some frozen vegetables and let me show you how to transform them for the air fryer.
Can You Cook Frozen Vegetables In The Air Fryer?
Absolutely and let me tell you why frozen vegetables in the air fryer are so good:
When you purchase frozen vegetables, they have already been blanched and prepped for you.
They are also often reasonably priced and by having frozen vegetables you can often combat food waste.
By cooking frozen vegetables in the air fryer, the cook time is often less, and they are often easier to crisp without ending up burnt.
Frozen veggies in air fryer often cook better compared to the oven or grill and when you taste air fryer frozen vegetables you will be amazed that they came from the frozen food section of the supermarket.
Best Frozen Vegetables In Air Fryer
I have tried out many frozen vegetables in the air fryer and below are my personal favourites for you to try yourself at home.
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli – You can cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer, combine with the instant pot or use the Mealthy Crisplid. End result = perfectly crispy roasted broccoli.
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts – Sprouts are fantastic to cook from frozen because they are easier to handle once cooked. This means you can toss them in your favourite marinade and make lots of different types of air fryer sprouts.
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower – Cauliflower is fantastic air fried using frozen cauliflower. You can make buffalo cauliflower bites, bread it and do all kinds of other things or maybe just make air fryer blackened cauliflower.
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli & Cauliflower – Broccoli and cauliflower fans can get excited over the idea of cooking frozen broccoli and frozen cauliflower together. One of my favourite dinner side dishes.
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob – My favourite air fryer frozen vegetable and try it once and you will want it all the time. Add butter it like you would when you make regular corn on the cob and you could even turn it into Mexican Street Corn!
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans – Green beans air fried from frozen will result in amazing green bean fries. Even my green beans hating husband loved these.
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings – If your guilty pleasure is frozen onion rings then wait until you try them in the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Mushrooms – Or another delicious air fryer frozen breaded vegetable is mushrooms. They are perfect and make a delicious side dish for lunch or dinner.
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers – How to cook your favourite frozen jalapeno poppers in the air fryer. The problem is I want to eat these every day and don’t like sharing them, as they are that good!
More Perfect Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Here are few more ideas of frozen vegetables that you can cook in an air fryer:
- Air Fryer Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Air Fryer Frozen Root Vegetables
- Air Fryer Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Vegetables
Air Fryer Roasted Frozen Vegetables
One of the nicest types of air fryer frozen vegetables that I have tried was a pack of Mediterranean vegetables.
I purchased this from my local frozen supermarket and it included mixed peppers, garlic, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and a few other things. It was delicious.
I believe frozen Mediterranean vegetables work best because they are soft vegetables and don’t take as long to cook.
Here is the frozen roast vegetables recipe:
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables Ingredients:
- 450 g Box Mixed Mediterranean Vegetables
- Remove all freezer packaging and place the frozen vegetables onto the air fryer grill pan. Transfer the grill pan to the air fryer.
- Cook for 3 minutes at 200c/400f, followed by a further 5 minutes at 160c/320f.
Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables Time
The cooking time for air fryer frozen vegetables differs from recipe to recipe. This is because some vegetables such as red peppers cook much quicker compared to frozen broccoli.
I recommend you check out the individual recipes as it will help you learn more about cooking each air fryer frozen vegetable.
Here are some quick links to the air fryer frozen veggies that we have mentioned above:
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
Can’t read it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: