Welcome to my Air Fryer fruit crumble mug cakes recipe.
I can’t remember the first time I ever had a fruit crumble or an apple crumble, just that I have always loved them and they have always had a place in my heart.
It is the lovely delicious flavour of fruit and sugar on the bottom followed by a delicious crumble on top.
I do remember though that it was the 2nd thing we ever learnt how to make at school. In case you’re wondering the first was cheese scones!!!
We were all there removing the peel and the cores from our apples and none of us was fast at it. I am sure the teacher was actually having a panic attack at the thought that she had just 1 hour and 10 minutes to teach us all how to prepare it, explain the recipe, get us to cook it and for us all to write up our recipes in our book. Talk about a challenge!
But now all these years later (it was back in 1993 when I started school cookery lessons) I can make a fruit crumble much quicker.
I of course have this amazing tool to remove the cores for me, I am quicker now at preparation and of course I have the Air Fryer that is a dream for speeding up the cooking time!
What this recipe is great for though, is using up whatever fruit you have spare. Add some rhubarb, add apple, add pears and then throw in some extra berries and then you have a delicious mix of flavours.
Or you can go down a more traditional route and just add rhubarb and apple.
If like me you have a real sweet tooth and like a sugar hit, thanks to the fruit it is high sugar but not as many calories as your traditional chocolate hit.
Also because these are cooked in the same way as a traditional chocolate mug cake you could use ramekins and serve them as dinner parties or make them up and freeze them to use up your leftover fruit without any food waste.
More Baking Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Chocolate Mug Cake
- British Lemon Tarts
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Airfryer Pineapple Cake
- Airfryer Banana Bread
- The Ultimate Airfryer Doughnuts
- Airfryer Chocolate Eclairs
- Airfryer Chocolate Brownies
- Airfryer Mini Apple Pies
Air Fryer Fruit Crumble Mug Cakes
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 160c.
- Using the corer remove the cores and the stones from the fruit and dice into very small square pieces.
- Place the fruit in the bottom of the mugs spreading them out between the four mugs. Sprinkle with brown sugar and honey until all the fruit is well covered. Put to one side.
- Place the flour, butter and caster sugar into a mixing bowl and rub the fat into the flour. When it resembles fine breadcrumbs you can then add the oats. Mix well.
- Cover the tops of the mugs with a layer of your crumble.
- Place in the Air Fryer for 10 minutes at 160c. Then after 10 minutes cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c so that you can get a lovely crunch to the top of your crumble.