Welcome to my air fryer leftover turkey spring rolls recipe. If you love the crispy taste and delicious flavour of spring rolls but want a homemade version that you can place in your air fryer then this is it!
I have always loved Chinese spring rolls. My earliest memory of them has to be at my first visit to a Chinese restaurant when I was 13. It was a nice night out with my mum, her friend and her friend’s daughter.
I remember what we ate like it was yesterday when it was in reality the autumn of 1995. It was a mixed Chinese platter for starter including spring rolls, seaweed, prawn toast and some crispy duck and pancakes. Then we had some sweet and sour chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce.
None of it was healthy. But it was still better than what I normally had from my local Chinese takeaway. It was one street away from where I lived and I went crazy for their chips, prawn crackers and dip. I would take it home with me and absolutely love it.
But here I was in the Chinese restaurant and apart from trying crispy duck and pancakes for the first time (which was amazing by the way) I was checking out these lovely spring rolls and I was hooked. The downside though, was that there was only enough to go around for me to have one.
Then after getting a taste for them you couldn’t stop me and I fell in love with the supermarket ones. But you could always tell they were processed and homemade.
But what if you could make them yourself at home from homemade flatbread and turn them into your own spring rolls from Christmas turkey leftovers cooked in your airfryer?
Well that’s the plan and to give it a test run I did it first with leftovers from Thanksgiving and this was the result and I just can’t wait to do them for Christmas too!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Onion Rings
- Airfryer Calamari Rings
- Airfryer Chicken Nuggets
- Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Airfryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Scones
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Airfryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Chicken Strips
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Airfryer Roast Potatoes
- Airfryer Garlic Potatoes
- Airfryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Airfryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Airfryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Airfryer Croutons
- Airfryer Courgette Fritters
- In a mixing bowl add to it your leftover turkey along with all the seasonings that have been listed above. Get your hands in the bowl and make sure everything is well coated.
- Roll out your tortilla wraps so that they are as thin as you can possibly get them but without them breaking. Then brush them first with a little water on both sides and then again with the egg. Place them in the fridge for 30 minutes so that the egg can be properly absorbed.
- After 30 minutes remove from the fridge and cut them up into 8 separate spring roll sheets.
- Fill your turkey filling into each of them and then roll them up like a spring roll.
- Brush them with another layer of egg and place in the air fryer.
- Cook at 180c for 5 minutes.
You can of course use filo pastry or spring roll pastry but I love how crunchy well rolled out tortilla wraps goes instead. Plus filo pastry is always so hard to handle and can often cost a lot more money.