Air Fryer Oven Rotisserie Chicken. How to air fry rotisserie chicken to perfection in your air fryer oven using the rotating rotisserie feature.
This air fryer rotisserie chicken recipe is perfect for those of you with an air fryer oven that wants to learn how to make the most juicy and moist whole chicken yet have a super crispy flavoursome chicken skin.
A great starting point for power air fryer oven users or instant pot vortex users.
The air fryer rotisserie chicken recipe is also perfect for diets too. Being keto, Paleo, Whole30 and low carb friendly. Avoid the chicken skin and it is also perfect for Weight Watchers and Slimming World too.
Air Fryer Oven Rotisserie Chicken
I consider the air fryer rotisserie chicken or the air fryer oven rotisserie chicken to be the food that is perfect for those that don’t want to cook.
Whether this is because they can’t cook or don’t want to cook, rotisserie chicken in the air fryer ticks all the boxes.
My husband Dominic can cook and used to work as a chef. He even taught me the basics and I often lean on him for advice.
But years working as a professional chef and not been appreciated, has damaged his passion for cooking somewhat.
But put Dominic near man food and he is all there with bells on.
It is the ease of it and of course because it is delicious air fryer comfort food.
If there is one skill to learn with your air fryer, I would recommend learning how to cook air fryer rotisserie chicken. It is so easy, and the chicken is always delicious.
Plus, if you buy rotisserie chickens from the supermarket, this will help you save a small fortune.
So, go and get yourself a small whole chicken from the butchers (we recommend this online butchers) and let me show you how simple it is making air fryer rotisserie chicken using your air fryer oven.
Best Air Fryer For Rotisserie Chicken
First, lets talk about which air fryer is the best for a rotisserie chicken. This brings me back to my post about Instant Pot Vs Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken.
Now with an air fryer oven rotisserie chicken can be a million times better.
It rotates as it cooks giving an even perfect cook on your chicken and you can fit a slightly bigger chicken in your air fryer.
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken?
There are 4 main ingredients that go into air fryer rotisserie chicken:
I also like to save on washing up and will often prep my whole chicken on top of the bag it came in. You could also marinade your whole chicken, put it back in the bag and leave it in the fridge for an hour.
As mentioned above we used our Power Air Fryer Oven, but it would work with any brand of air fryer oven.
Simple Seasoning. A simple seasoning of salt and pepper along with extra virgin olive oil is all you need. You can add in either rosemary or thyme if you prefer.
Organic Chicken. If you want a quality rotisserie chicken in the air fryer experience, then I recommend Butcher Box.
They offer chicken boxes or mixed meat and have some wonderful high quality chickens available. They also have other meat available that is perfect for the air fryer. We also have a Butcher Box Review.
Air Fryer Oven Rotisserie Chicken Tips:
- Season it first – I always get my whole chicken from the bag, season it with salt and pepper and add a base layer of extra virgin olive oil.
- Fresh chicken works best – I have cooked frozen rotisserie chicken in the air fryer, and it has worked well, but it tastes so much better when cooked with thawed chicken. If using frozen I recommend thawing it the overnight ready for a rotisserie chicken dinner the next day.
- Side dishes – Plan your sides ahead and have everything ready at the same time. Or if you are using your rotisserie chicken for meal prep, you can prep your other ingredients.
- Mix and match seasonings – I prefer to cook my rotisserie chicken with salt and pepper, but you can mix it up if you don’t want plain. Try our Nandos Piri Piri Chicken for a spicier option or add thyme and rosemary for a classic flavouring.
Power Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Set Up
The power air fryer rotisserie chicken set up is a simple one. Dominic likes to get his tools out ready, such as the skewers for the side of the rotisserie as well as rotisserie rod.
It is also advised to make sure your air fryer oven drip tray is in place and it is clean and ready for the job.
Then get out your whole chicken that you plan on cooking and season it.
You’re then all set for placing it onto the rotisserie accessory and into your air fryer for cooking.
Even better, if you follow our tip further up, you can prep the chicken on your packaging and save on the dreaded washing up.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Cooking Time
The cooking time for air fryer rotisserie chicken using the air fryer oven is JUST 50 minutes.
This is on the understanding that you have an average sized chicken and that your chicken is rotating.
If I was cooking the same sized chicken in my Philips Air Fryer XL then I would expect the cooking time to be an hour. This is because it wouldn’t be rotating and therefore it won’t cook as quick.
More Air Fryer Oven Rotisserie Recipes
Our air fryer oven rotisserie chicken is the latest in our series of delicious meats cooked using the rotisserie feature in the air fryer oven.
Below you will find the previous air fryer oven rotisserie recipes for you to save for later!
- Air Fryer Roast Beef – For the ultimate roast beef experience, cook it using the rotisserie. We cooked ours in a similar way to todays delicious rotisserie chicken and cooked it to medium rare, which is just how we like it!
- Air Fryer Roast Duck – A whole duck is too big for a classic air fryer basket but is perfect for the air fryer oven. Tastes just as good as in a nice French restaurant.
- Air Fryer Pork Roast – Another delicious air fryer oven option and you can use a Boston Butt aka pork shoulder to turn your cheap pork cut into a delicious roast pork dinner.
- Air Fryer Ham – Is another must do in the air fryer oven kind of recipe. Using fresh gammon aka ham, you can transform the meat into a bingeworthy roast dinner centre piece.
We also have a lot more air fryer recipes for you to check out and find some new ideas for planning your meals. As well as this we have our air fryer archives, which is full to bursting with all our air fryer recipes in one big PDF ebook. You can order it on this link or click on the banner below.
Air Fryer Oven Rotisserie Chicken
- Place your whole chicken on top of its packaging and season with salt and pepper, add a layer of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use string to tie the two legs together so that it will be more compact during the cooking process.
- Add the chicken to the rotisserie accessory and make sure it is securely fastened inside of your air fryer oven.
- Set the temperature to 180c/360f and the time to 50 minutes.
- Check on it a couple of times during the cooking process to make sure it is rotating correctly.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: