Air Fryer Pizza Ring. Served with a creamy spinach dip this is the closest to food heaven that you will ever find yourself. My Air Fryer pizza ring recipe doesn’t even need a bundt pan and it is easy and simple for a delicious Friday night supper.
I love pizza and I love pizza on a Friday night. In my mind Friday nights is always takeaway night and nothing says takeaway night better than a Friday or a Saturday night does.
I’m not a big drinker. In fact, I can probably count all the drinks I have had one hand over the past 5 years. Though I have had 2 more children during that time. So much of that is down to breastfeeding, being pregnant and being on fertility pills.
I am much happier on a Friday night, with my hubby enjoying a good movie or some Netflix. Along with a homemade takeaway. We also live in the Portuguese countryside so there is no such thing as a delivery service for us anyway.
Maybe that is a good thing!
Back when we lived in England we lived in the student district of Manchester and it was amazing the pizza deals. Delivered direct to your door and you would get 2 pizzas for the price of 1. I was always for the simple cheese and tomato or the cheesy garlic bread, where as Dominic loves his meat, so he would always want a meat feast.
But even so, they still cost more than what it cost to make them yourselves.
Its like a genius move.
One of those Air Fryer recipes that you will want to eat time and time again. Not overly healthy, but still better than what you can get at the takeaway.
You throw in a few simple ingredients into your bread maker:
I may add these are all pizza dough ingredients that we all have in our pantry, so no need to go and buy weird ingredients! You could literally have a craving for an Air Fryer Pizza Ring and cook it on a wimp.
The prep time for this Air Fryer Pizza Ring is just as amazing as the recipe itself. A couple of minutes to throw the pizza dough ingredients into the bread maker, a minute to make the pizza dough topping, then a further 2 minutes to make the spinach dip. That’s just 5 minutes of prep, 12 minutes of cooking time and of course just over 20 minutes for your dough to make itself in your bread maker.
That is QUICKER to make your own pizza ring in the Air Fryer than it is to choose your takeaway, ring it up and have it DELIVERED.
Pizza Ring In Bundt Pan?
One thing that is always discussed when making a pizza ring is that you need a bundt pan. Well you don’t!
These baking trays are genius because they slot perfectly onto your Air Fryer grill pan.
Firstly, I love to have my production line ready to go. I love been organised and a production line is the perfect way. Have your coating ready for your pizza dough ring balls. Have the pizza dough already cooked in the bread maker and made into balls and then you’re ready to make your pizza dough.
You start by flouring your baking pan like you would if you were baking in the oven:
Then you add your pizza dough balls around the side and then cook them in your Air Fryer:
Then when cooked you have something that is perfectly shaped, and people would think you had used a bundt pan for your pizza ring.
Then when the Air Fryer pizza ring is cooked, you turn over the ramekin, add your garlic spinach dip and then cook for another minute or two or until the cheese is bubbling.#AirFryer #Pizza Ring with a #delicious #Spinach #Dip #Recipe @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Start with the pizza dough in the bread maker. Add all the ingredients into the bread maker apart from the yeast, add 200ml of luke warm water along with the yeast on top. Cook on the bread dough setting for its required time.
- Make the dip in a small pan on the hob. Add the frozen spinach, the soft cheese and the sour cream and keep mixing and cooking on high until the frozen spinach is cooked and everything is blended into a creamy green sauce.
- Add the rest of the dip ingredients, though reserve a little cheese for on top. Keep cooking on a low heat and carry on until the cheese in well melted. Put to one side.
- In a mixing bowl add the extra garlic puree, olive oil, salt, pepper and some basil. Put to one side.
- When the dough is ready, remove the dough and add a sprinkling of flour so it doesn’t stick and using your hands roll it all out into little pizza dough balls.
- Flour your baking pan and place an upside-down ramekin in the middle.
- Add the dough balls around the ramekin and roll each one in the garlic topping.
- Place the baking pan over the grill pan.
- Place the Air Fryer on at 180c/360f for 8 minutes.
- 10. When it beeps turn the ramekin the right way up, add the spinach dip to the ramekin and a little extra cheese for on top. Then cook for a further 2 minutes at the same temperature.
You can use any soft cheese, but I just love Philadelphia. It’s my favourite and tastes so good in a quick warm dip. In our bread maker 23 minutes is the required time for making bread maker pizza dough, though bread makers may alter slightly depending on the brand that you own.
You will find that you can save a lot of time in the kitchen if you are prepping your dip and your pizza toppings while your pizza dough is being made. Pizza dough can often be rather sticky for the best results add some extra flour to your hands and then the dough will not stick to you as much. I use small frozen pieces of spinach in my recipes as it is much cheaper, and you don’t have “fresh spinach has reduced to nothing” syndrome.
Each piece is about the size of a medium ice cube so if you used fresh just imagine 10 ice cubes worth of spinach when cooked. If you don’t have a grill pan for your Air Fryer than I highly recommend that you do so, its amazing how useful they are in air fryer cooking. I probably use it more than the original basket that comes with my Philips Airfryer.
I recommend you check out our Air Fryer Accessories to see what accessories you need.