Welcome to my latest air fryer recipe and today is my delicious heart shaped shortbread cookies. These cookies are perfect for sharing when love is in the air or having to yourself for a delicious biscuit fix.
I added the last bit of the sentence above for those of you that are single at that time of year and are feeling sorry for yourself. Not that there is anything wrong with being single I am just picturing that Bridget Jones Diary scene when she is sat there with herb Ben & Jerry’s with wine and pyjamas after being dumped.
But really I love having a secret cookie before Kyle comes home from school and he discovers my big stash!
In this heart shaped cookie recipe (who says they only have to be heart shaped during Valentines week?) we will be adding my favourite ingredients together (butter, sugar and chocolate) to produce these delicious little cookies.
They are so quick to make that you literally mix the ingredients in the bowl and then place them on your baking sheet in the air fryer and then you have the most delicious cookies ever.
Keep a stash of the cookie dough in the freezer and then whenever you are in the mood you can defrost some and make some yummy cookies.
You can also use them as your blank canvas and add to them whatever you want and do them to whatever shape you like. For example these would also be very good for Christmas, Bonfire Night or even Easter!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#AirFryer #Shortbread Heart #Cookies #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#AirFryer #Shortbread Heart #Cookies #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Air Fryer Shortbread Heart Cookies
- Preheat the air fryer to 180c.
- In a mixing bowl place all your ingredients apart from your chocolate and rub the fat into the other ingredients.
- It will soon rub into each other to create a nice soft dough.
- When it is a big dough ball roll it out and cut it into heart shapes with your cutter.
- Place it into the air fryer on top of a baking sheet with a little gap in between each one. Cook for 10 minutes on 180c.
- Open the air fryer and place the chocolate buttons into the top of the half baked dough.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes on 160c and serve with hot chocolate and marshmallows.