Welcome to my Air Fryer Sloppy Joes Stuffed Cheese Scones recipe.
I am British so it goes without saying that I love cheese scones and have been making them for years and years. In fact it was the very first thing I learnt to cook at school and you can find my delicious cheese scones recipe here.
I remember like it was yesterday making them for the very first time at school and remembering just how delicious they tasted and how I wanted to make more and more.
I grew up in Yorkshire (that’s Northern England) and one of the main foods of choice is the scones that are often served up with a delicious cup of tea in a tearoom.
I used to go out with my Grandad for brunch and a drink to one of his favourite cafes. It was a lovely place on a cobbled street and he would often have quiche or a slice of cake while I had a cheese scone. Then in the winter months mine would be washed down with a traditional hot chocolate and it was amazing.
All these years later I still think of my Grandad (he died in 2012) when I have a lovely cheese scone and this recipe is for him. As I am sure if he was still here and lived locally he would be my chief recipe tester!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Onion Rings
- Airfryer Calamari Rings
- Airfryer Chicken Nuggets
- Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Airfryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Turkey Spring Rolls
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Airfryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Chicken Strips
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Airfryer Roast Potatoes
- Airfryer Garlic Potatoes
- Airfryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Airfryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Airfryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Airfryer Croutons
- Airfryer Courgette Fritters
[clickToTweet tweet=”Air Fryer Sloppy Joes Stuffed Cheese Scones Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”Air Fryer Sloppy Joes Stuffed Cheese Scones Recipe via recipe_this”]
Air Fryer Sloppy Joes Stuffed Cheese Scones
- Start by making your scones. Mix together in a bowl all the seasoning, your flour and your butter. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the grated cheese, egg and milk and combine into a dough mixture. If it is too hard and dry add a little more milk until it is a lovely soft dough.
- Separate the mixture into 4 decent sized scone shapes and place in the Air Fryer. Bake for 15 minutes on 160c.
- Get them out and lay on a cooling rack.
- Once they’re cool enough to touch using a knife slice the top of them and remove the bulk of the centre.
- Mix the spare centre with your sloppy joes and then spoon the mixture into the scones.
- Place the lids back on top followed by a slice of cheese. Place back in the Air Fryer for a further 5 minutes and then serve.