Air Fryer Steak Fajitas. How to prep and air fry beef steak fajitas to make a delicious tender air fryer steak fajitas dinner. These fajitas are cooked with 3 different peppers, onion and rump steak. Loaded with fajitas seasoning and perfect for a quick air fryer lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
Often when we are talking and I am talking about saving money, Dominic will call be tight.
As in tight with money, as in always wanting to save money where I can and loving to make meals from scraps of food that you wouldn’t normally stretch into a meal.
I am also addicted to buying meat on clearance and thanks to seasonal savings have a chest freezer that is full to bursting with clearance meat.
One of my favourite money saving meals is air fryer steak fajitas. Instead of having air fryer steak, you can stretch one slice of steak between 2-3 people when made into fajitas and it makes a wonderful family meal.
Today I wanted to share with you my air fryer beef steak fajitas and to show you just how easy steak fajitas are for a quick dump and start air fryer dinner.
What Cut Of Meat Is Best For Steak Fajitas?
Firstly, when turning to the air fryer to make beef fajitas, I am sure you want to know what cut of beef works best.
Many will suggest flank steak fajitas, but I prefer to use a single rump steak.
I got a beef rump steak from the butchers and he sliced it into stroganoff slices for me so that I didn’t have to when I got home.
Because rump steak from the butchers is rather thick one rump steak will make a good sized air fryer beef fajitas portion.
Though of course you can use your own favourite cut of beef, though avoid any beef that needs to slow cook, otherwise your steak fajitas will be very tough and inedible.
Flank Steak Vs Rump Steak For Steak Fajitas?
It is always best if you have the budget, to opt for rump steak over flank steak.
This is because flank steak is a much cheaper cut of meat and is often used by butchers to make minced/ground beef with.
While rump steak is meant for steak meaning that it suits steak fajitas a lot more.
Copycat Taco Bell Steak Fajitas
If you are a fan of Taco Bell you can purchase their fajitas seasoning online and then make a Taco Bell copycat version of steak fajitas.
A great way to reduce your eating out budget and great for if you follow a healthy lifestyle and want to make a healthy steak fajitas salad in the air fryer.
Here is a link to buy Taco Bell fajitas seasoning and you can save even more money by buying them in bulk.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas Ingredients & Gadgets
To make air fryer steak fajitas the ingredients are straight forward and simple:
- Beef Steak – It comes down to personal choice which type of steak you use in your beef fajitas, but we used rump steak from the butchers.
- 3 Mixed Peppers – I like to include a yellow, red and green pepper in my steak fajitas as I like them to be colourful. But you can use any mix of your favourite colours or just go all red.
- Onion – I used a medium white onion in this recipe, but you can swap for red if you prefer.
- Seasonings – I like to mix and match when I make fajitas. I used fajitas seasoning alongside a steak pepper mill and salt. This is the fajitas seasoning I recommend.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This makes sure that your beef and vegetables stay moist but without it being too greasy. This is my favourite extra virgin olive oil that I use all the time.
As well as the main ingredients, an air fryer with a good air fryer basket is essential for making steak fajitas. The air fryer oven just doesn’t compare. Though if you have not yet bought an air fryer, we recommend the Philips Air Fryer XL.
How To Make Air Fry Steak Fajitas?
Cooking steak fajitas in the air fryer is so simple:
- Peel and slice your white onion.
- Slice your mixed peppers into long thin strips.
- Load everything into a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Load everything into the air fryer basket and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
More Air Fryer Steak Recipes
Here at Recipe This we love sharing with our readers lots of awesome recipes that they can cook in their air fryer. The possibilities are endless and cooking steak in thre air fryer is one of our true favourites.
Here are a few of our other air fryer steak favourites for you to try next:
We also have a lot more air fryer recipes for you to check out and find some new ideas for planning your meals. As well as this we have our air fryer 101 beginners ecookbook, which is full to bursting with 101 air fryer recipes for beginners in one big PDF ebook. You can order it on this link or click on the banner below.
Air Fryer Steak Fajitas
- Peel your white onion. Thinly slice your coloured peppers and onion and load them into a bowl with your thinly sliced rump steak.
- Load all the other ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Load into the air fryer basket and cook your steak fajitas for 10 minutes at 180c/360f, shake and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: