Welcome to my Airfryer Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe here at recipethis.com.
Discover the easiest way EVER to make chocolate cupcakes with a moist chocolate cupcake batter, followed by the most delicious ever chocolately cream cheese frosting.
The first time I ever tried chocolate cupcakes I absolutely hated them. I mean I actually gave them away to my son as I just couldn’t finish them.
I mean, seriously this is me, the biggest chocolate addict to ever live and here I was finding a chocolate cupcake too sickly and unable to finish it!
We were actually at DisneyWorld at the time and it was 5 years ago and it was my first time in the United States.
My baked goods prior to this was usually a slice of chocolate cake, lemon buns, chocolate chip cookies, or a mountain of chocolate.
Yet I had always wanted to try a chocolate cupcake, but just hadn’t had the chance as there is not much call for such a thing here in Portugal. We are more like France and Spain and into pastries with lots of butter instead.
I think the reason I didn’t like it, is because here in Europe they just don’t add that much sugar to them and the icing sugar we use is not as strong.
It was a case of being brought up on different flavours.
Well I spent ages thinking this.
Then I had a chance to test out another Americans chocolate cupcakes and found that they tasted amazing. I think I had just tried a bad one and the real deal was so much better.
It is such a shame that my first taste of an American chocolate cupcake was a bad one and I was now having this brand new love affair with chocolate cupcakes especially if they were made with a cream cheese frosting.
But when I got home, I decided that I loved the idea of cupcakes and I wanted to make my own. I wanted them with less sugar and a creamier texture.
I also felt that the cupcake I originally tried wasn’t moist either and tasted heavy.
You know that horrible feeling when you try a chocolate bun or a slice of chocolate cake and it turns out to be heavy and doesn’t have that light, moist feeling of a quality cake.
But since then there have been a lot of experiences and I am very much a chocolate cupcakes convert.
In these Airfryer Chocolate Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, I am showing you my favourite ever way to make a cupcake. I am using my chocolate cake batter as the base of the cupcakes and then the cream cheese frosting is made with my favourite soft cheese along with organic cocoa powder, lots of brown sugar and a few extra added ingredients.
It’s a dream come true for chocolate cupcakes. Just because it is so easy to use and is perfect for when you have some leftover cake batter from when you are making a cake and for using up some of your soft cheese that you have stored in your fridge.
In our house, we have all of these ingredients in, so it is perfect for when you have a chocolate cupcake craving and you want to make some with some delicious homemade cream cheese frosting.
I think they went down well in our house though as they were gone within a blink of an eye. I am sure someone stole my last one…..I wonder who I can blame for that????
Well he is 16 years old, is skinny, has the best toned abs that I have ever seen and makes me sick that he eats more chocolate than me and never even puts a kilo on.
I wonder who I am talking about ?
Airfryer Chocolate Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Start by making the cake batter. Mix it as you would if you were making a chocolate cake. Put it to one side once made.
- Flour the bottom and sides of 8 little cupcake cases so that they will become non-stick.
- Fill them to 3/4s with the cake batter.
- Place them in the Airfryer and cook for 7 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Make the cream frosting. Add the butter, brown sugar, vanilla and soft cheese into a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until it is smooth and creamy.
- Place the frosting into the freezer for an hour to help it firm up a little.
- After an hour using the cake decorating kit, add ¼ of the frosting into the cake decorator.
- Then in the bowl mix in the cocoa powder with a fork until well mixed and is a beautiful chocolate colour.
- Spoon in the rest of it into the cake decorating kit and swirl the cupcake layer onto the top of the buns.
- 10. Fridge for 20 minutes and then serve.