Welcome to another of my delicious cheesecake recipes and this one is really special because it has been made in the Airfryer rather than the Instant Pot.
It features a delicious mini cherry cheesecake with the best ever shortbread biscuit base and you just won’t be able to stop at the one!
Unless you were too young to remember, you will always cherish your foodie firsts.
The first time you had cheese on toast, the first time you went to a Brazilian barbeque, the first time you had a beef stew that had so much red wine in it you thought you were drunk, or that time you first tried chocolate chip cookies.
Well in my mind the cheesecake has to be up there with those. The first time I ever had some was when my American aunt shouted “Samantha you must try this” and slipped something gooey in my mouth.
She knew that with me being British that if she had said it was cheese with sugar in it, that it would never have come anywhere near me.
She lived in America and I was always fascinated by the way she spoke and I thought my name sounded amazing with her very broad accent.
Though whenever her husband spoke I could never understand a word he said, though it always sounded good!
So they are the two that officially introduced me to the cheesecake. As America has a lot of the food crazes first, they also introduced me to:
- Apple Pie
- Homemade Meatballs
- Chinese Food
And the list could go on and on. But those are some of my favourite firsts. They’re also things that you would take for granted now but back in the early 90’s to the Brits these were unusual foods.
Plus even though I am not a fan of the apple pie, I do still love the rest of them!
Airfryer Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
- In a mixing bowl add your coconut sugar, plain flour and butter. Keep mixing them together as if you are following the rubbing in method. But instead when it won’t break down anymore make it into a big dough ball.
- Using your hands use it to layer the bottom of the 6 muffin cases. Place it in the airfyer and cook for 20 minutes on 180c. It will now have a lovely thick shortbread bottom. Put in the freezer and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While it is cooling make the cheesecake topping. In a mixing bowl add the soft cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence and whisk with a small hand whisk until lovely and soft. Add in the Greek yoghurt and stir it in.
- Place the whipped topping over the shortbread in the muffin slots and place back in the freezer for a further 10 minutes so that it can set.
- Take them out of the muffin pan slots (they come out very easily) and place them on a plate. Throw over them the cherries along with some of the cherry liquid and then serve.