Welcome to my latest recipe in the air fryer and this is my Airfryer Moroccan Turkey Couscous Balls. It is a genius use of leftover turkey leg and perfect for a quick dinner for your kids, for sharing at parties or for a quick snack after a workout.
The beauty of these delicious turkey balls is that they use up all those little bits of vegetables, some spare turkey, and turkey stock and then you use the couscous to combine them.
I particularly like them because everything that goes into them I have in the fridge and the cupboard and let’s face it when it comes to turkey leftovers I think we always end up on turkey curry or turkey pie.
Plus this Airfryer recipe starts by making go use out of your leftover cauliflower and airfrying it to perfection. And OMG air fried cauliflower tastes so good….and if you have kids that just wont eat their vegetables then give it to them like this!
We start the cooking process with the airfryer and cooking the cauliflower in coconut butter. We then blend all the cooked ingredients together, make them into ball shapes.
Then roll them in desiccated coconut and you have the most delicious balls ever!
Or in our kitchen it’s more a case of Sofia stood on a chair next to me eating all my cheese and coconut and leaving very little for the actual recipe!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#AirFryer #Moroccan #Turkey #Couscous Balls #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#AirFryer #Moroccan #Turkey #Couscous Balls #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Airfryer Moroccan Turkey Couscous Balls
- Place your cauliflower in the Airfryer and drizzle the top of it with melted coconut butter. Cook for 25 minutes on 160c or until the cauliflower is slightly undercooked.
- Place the couscous in a small pan with 2 cups of boiling water, place the pan lid on top and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a blender blitz the gluten free oats until they resemble fine flour.
- Remove the lid off the couscous pan (after 10 minutes) and stir in salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the cauliflower in the blender along with the turkey leg meat, turkey stock, soft cheese, Greek yoghurt and seasoning. Blend for a couple of minutes or until the mixture resembles a thick pate.
- Remove the blender ingredients into a mixing bowl, add in the couscous and the oats and mix well.
- Make the mixture into balls and roll in the dessicated coconut.
- Place in the Airfryer for 20 minutes at 180c and then serve.
- If serving at a party place on sticks for a nice party piece.