Welcome to my latest recipe and today we have delicious Airfryer Red Velvet Cupcakes. You just have to look at them to want to eat them and they are full to bursting with flavour and you won’t just be able to have one. Plus they are so quick and easy to make in my Philips Airfryer.
Okay let’s start with some serious honesty. This recipe (along with the rest of my Easter baking series) was made a couple of weeks ago and I am just getting around to talking about them and reading through my cooking notes.
And I couldn’t have picked a worse day than today to be writing them up. You see I just have to look at my photos and I am suddenly hungry and wanting to re test the recipes yet again.
BUT today is day 1 of me being back on Slimming World and these are totally off the radar. So it is time for me look but not touch as I talk you through all my favourite Easter treats.
Though I think I am going to spend all night dreaming about these red velvet cupcakes as they really are that good. They have a delicious chocolate cupcake base, a soft cheese top layer and are perfect for making with your kids this Easter.
So if you are ready to quit the diet for the day and dive into some delicious cupcakes via the Airfryer then here is your starting point. Plus from a frugal point of view they are so cheap to make at home yourself.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Airfryer Red Velvet #Cupcake Heaven #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Airfryer Red Velvet #Cupcake Heaven #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Airfryer Red Velvet Cupcake Heaven
- In a mixing bowl add your flour, sugar, butter, cocoa powder and rub the butter into the other ingredients until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs, ½ the vanilla essence, the orange and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Add the milk (a little at a time) and keep mixing with a fork until it resembles the texture of cake batter. So not too runny but not over thick.
- Give it a good mix with the fork.
- Add a little red food colouring to give it that lovely red velvet colour and mix one last time.
- Pour into little cupcake cases and place them in the Airfryer.
- Cook in the Airfryer for 20 minutes at 180c.
- While the cupcakes are cooking make your soft cheese frosting. In a mixing bowl add the soft cheese, the rest of the vanilla, the honey and the icing sugar. Using your hand mixer give it a good mix until you have a lovely creamy mixture. Once it is well mixed place it in the freezer so that it can go a little bit harder for 10 minutes.
- Take the cupcakes out of the Airfryer when it beeps. Allow them to cool on a cooling rack and once they are of room temperature add the cupcake frosting on top.