Air Fryer Brownies. How to air fry brownies and blondies from scratch with hardly any washing up. My favourite easy brownie recipe from childhood converted to the air fryer.
I originally shared with you how to make air fryer brownies back in early 2016 and decided to update you on how delicious and easy air fryer brownies are, as well as show you how to make air fryer blondies too.
Air Fryer Brownies
If you have not made air fryer brownies yet, then you must. Out of all the air fryer desserts I have ever made (I have made a LOT) it is the easiest.
Plus, it is one of those delicious chocolate desserts from childhood that must be made forever and ever!
My memories of brownies from childhood was from school dinners. It was either classic brownies served with cream, or a cake version of brownies that was always served with strawberry custard.
I absolutely loved it and had a massive sweet tooth (and still do). While some people don’t eat chocolate and prefer wine, I am a chocolate addict.
I also remember having a school friend that was always ill. There was always something wrong with her and she was always at the doctors.
Never anything serious but she rarely finished a meal. Thankfully she always left me her dessert and that is why she is super skinny all these years later and I am always on a diet!
But hey, I need chocolate, brownies, cakes and cookies in my life.
Can You Cook Brownies In An Air Fryer?
I am sure you are wondering if you can cook brownies in an air fryer? Or can you fry brownie batter? Or if brownies are good in the air fryer?
Well the answer is a huge YES.
You can cook brownies in an air fryer, and they are beyond AMAZING. Once you cook brownies in the air fryer ONCE there is no GOING BACK!
The benefits of air fryer brownies include:
- Almost no washing up – The batter is prepared in the same container that it cooks in. There is no bowl, no melting a separate pan on the stove for the butter. You could say my air fryer brownies are a one pot dessert because of this.
- The brownies don’t stick – Thanks to an air fryer brownie pan, you don’t need to grease the pan and when cooked they literally fall out without any effort.
- Make blondies instead – Easy to convert for making your own blondies if you prefer.
- They are quick to prep – It only takes a little prep time to get your brownies right and then wait for the air fryer to beep and you have perfect air fryer brownies!
- Perfect sheet pan or traybake dessert – Swap the classic air fryer baking pan for an air fryer oven tray and you have a sheet pan dessert.
Air Fryer Brownie Pan
Let’s start with the air fryer brownie pan that we recommend you use the most.
I have lots of air fryer baking pans, but this one is 100% non-stick and won’t be soaking in the kitchen for a week after use. This also means that you don’t need to grease it first and it cleans so quickly.
It also has a handle and you can use it for all types of air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Brownies From Scratch
Instead of showing you how to make air fryer boxed brownies, today’s recipe is for air fryer brownies from scratch.
That is because brownies from scratch in the air fryer are so easy and much cheaper than grabbing a box mix.
In fact, when we made our air fryer brownies from scratch we didn’t buy in any ingredients and had everything already in our fridge and pantry.
Air Fryer Brownies Ingredients Include:
How To Air Fry Brownies?
The secret of how to air fry brownies is to use the same air fryer brownies pan for everything.
What I hate about a lot of kitchen gadget recipes is where you do something either at the start or the end of the recipe on the stove.
Butter can be melted in the air fryer brownies pan, just like if you are making a recipe with melted chocolate, you can melt the chocolate in the pan too.
Why make extra washing up if you don’t have to?
How To Make Air Fryer Brownies?
To make air fryer brownies is SIMPLE and all you need to do is the following and they will turn out perfect every time:
- Melt your butter in the baking pan inside of your air fryer basket.
- Add in everything but the flour and stir with a silicone whisk until well mixed.
- Add in flour and using a fork give it a final mix to make sure everything is combined.
- Load the baking pan back into the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Air Fryer Brownies Time
The cook time for air fryer brownies is JUST 15 minutes at 180c/360f. Plus an extra couple of minutes for melting the butter.
This brings it to just 17 minutes cook time for delicious air fryer chocolate brownies.
Air Fryer Blondies
Alternatively, you can make air fryer blondies in the air fryer. You follow the same recipe as the air fryer brownies recipe but leave out the cocoa powder.
Instead using a rolling pin bash, a sandwich bag with 50g of milk chocolate. Once it is broken up into tiny pieces, put it one side.
Cook your air fryer blondies for the first 10 minutes and then load it up with your chocolate bits and cook for the final 5 minutes.
It makes a great alternative to brownies and perfect if you want chocolate chunks in your air fryer desserts.
Air Fryer Brownies
- Load your butter into your air fryer baking pan and break up into bite size pieces. Place the baking pan in the air fryer basket and cook for 2 minutes on 140c/280f or until melted.
- Allow to cool enough to be able to touch.
- Load into your air fryer baking pan the cocoa powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and golden syrup. Mix well with your hand whisk.
- Add in the flour and mix with a fork until it is all fully combined.
- Place the baking pan back in the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f or until a cocktail stick comes out clean when placed in the centre of the brownies.
- Serve with your favourite toppings such as ice cream, caramel sauce or both!
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: