Airfryer Syn Free Chickpea Curry. How about making a delicious, super-fast Syn Free Slimming World vegeterian Curry in the Airfryer?
Just a few simple ingredients, throw it all in and then let the Airfryer do all the hard work and make you a delicious Chana Masala Curry.
I may add this chana masala is for lazy people.
People that are tired after a long day at work, have been up all night with their baby, have a hangover and just want some comfort food.
Or of course those engrossed in the latest Netflix TV show and can’t bear to leave the front of their TV screens for more than 5 minutes.
In other words, those that just want a Syn Free Curry in a hurry.
They want to throw everything into one pan, cook it and then focus on getting back to their lazy tired day instead of having to spend a couple of hours in the kitchen cooking dinner.
They want a vegetarian Slimming World Curry that is full of speed foods so that when they eat the curry to helps with their Slimming World weight loss.
Well this is exactly what you have here.
We have the speed foods in the vegetables that are used in the syn free curry recipe, then you have the protein foods within the chickpeas.
A winner on all counts. If you are one of those Slimming World members that is desperately looking for inspiration on a SP day, then here goes!
The way this chickpea curry recipe works is that you first dry air fry the chickpeas so that they are nice and dried out and perfect for a curry.
After this you cook your other ingredients in a similar way in the Airfryer Baking Pan, add your sauce and spices and then you have a vegetarian syn free slimming world curry.
When the Airfryer pings then you can serve it up with your sides of choice. Whether that is using your healthy extras towards a wholemeal roll, pita bread or even having it just as it is.
The choice is yours.
Though I didn’t need any side with mine at all because chickpeas are like super filling and I ended up feeling as stuffed as I do when I pig out at the Chinese Buffet.
Air fryer Syn Free Chickpea Curry Recipe
- Airfryer Baking Pan
- 1 Large Can Chickpeas
- 2 Large Onions peeled and thinly diced
- 5 Garlic Cloves peeled and thinly diced
- 1 cm Fresh Ginger peeled and thinly diced
- 2 Green Chillies roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp Quark
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Medium Tomatoes optional
- Thoroughly drain your chickpeas and then place them into your Airfryer baking pan. Then place the baking pan inside your Airfryer and cook for 8 minutes on 180c/360f.
- In a food processor or a blender blitz 80% of the onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies, the rest of your seasonings until rough but not smooth.
- Place the leftover onion in the baking pan with the chickpeas and dry fry for 2 more minutes at the same temperature.
- When it beeps add to it the blended curry paste, a little salt and pepper, quark, give it a good stir and cook for 5 more minutes on 160c/320f.