Apple Cider Pork Roast two different ways cooked in the Instant Pot. Using a delicious piece of pork leg and loaded with apples, cider and celery this is the best apple cider pork roast that you will ever try.
I live in Portugal. This means that unlike growing up in the UK that you don’t really have a long break from summer. Its still warm enough to visit the beach in early November and only really requires heating between December and February. This means that our urges for pork roast is shorter than most countries, but when we do get a good helping of apple cider pork roast it is well appreciated.
But today I didn’t just want to introduce you to one of my apple cider pork roasts but TWO.
You see I got a couple of pork leg joints on a deal in Asda when I was in the UK in the summer and with lots of apple and cider in, it gave me a great opportunity to experiment and see what worked best and what needed improving on.
To make a delicious apple cider pork roast it is all about:
Great Flavours – Often when you pressure cook your food it can lose a lot of its great flavour and we couldn’t have that in this dish as its all about the apple cider.
One Pot – You don’t want to have to cook in lots of different pots and pans. Everything must be cooked in the Instant Pot.
Good Cider – A quality cider makes all the difference. Some can be diluted down and this can ruin the flavour.
Though please note we are not fans of pork crackling in the Milner house, but if you are you can finish the pork off to get the crackling in the oven for 20 minutes.
Apple Cider Pork Roast – 2 Delicious Recipes
Below I have created 2 different takes on apple cider pork roast. Both versions are cooked in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Both feature apples, cider and pork of course but they produce different flavours and different cooking styles. When you have tested out both versions of our apple cider pork roast, do let us know which version you prefer!#Apple #Cider #Pork Roast In The #InstantPot @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
Apple Cider Pork Roast #1 = Buttery Foil Packets
The concept of the first apple cider pork roast recipe in the Instant Pot is that you start the cooking process in foil packets. This keeps the flavours all in one place and the cider flavour once cooked is out of this world delicious!
Though the biggest benefit of this version of apple cider pork roast is how quick it goes to pressure.
- Place 1 cup of water (250ml) into the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot. Place the trivet shelf over it.
- Create a big foil packet by laying out to sheets of silver foil.
- Remove any excess fat, give the pork leg a clean and then pat dry before placing it onto the silver foil.
- Dice 1 large apple and place it onto the foil packet with the pork leg.
- Season the foil packet with poultry seasoning, fresh parsley, salt and pepper.
- Layer it with butter and spread out 6 peeled but not diced garlic cloves.
- Pour over it 2/3 Cup (170ml) of apple cider.
- Seal the foil packet, place it on the trivet shelf and cook for 40 minutes on manual.
- When it beeps manually release pressure.
- 10. Remove the trivet shelf and the foil packet.
- 11. Open the foil packet and chop the pork into 4 pieces and place it into the liquid below along with another 2/3 Cup (170ml) of apple cider.
- 12. Place it on the sauté setting and allow it to come to the boil. Once it goes to the boil cook for 2 minutes, cancel sauté and serve.
Be careful when pouring the apple cider onto the foil packet as you don’t want it spraying out. We recommend this brand of apple cider for this recipe.
Apple Cider Pork Roast #2 = Dump & Go Instant Pot Recipe
What I love about this second version of apple cider pork roast is that its just a case of dump and go. Cook everything together at once, manually release pressure and serve. It doesn’t get any simpler than this!
It takes just 5 minutes to prep and then the total cooking time is just 45 minutes for amazing pork roast in the instant pot.
- Instant Pot
- Small Pork Leg
- 4 Celery Sticks
- 3 Large Green Apples
- 1 Can Apple Cider
- 1Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1Tbsp Sage
- Salt & Pepper
- Dice but do not peel the green apples and place them in the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot. Dice the celery and add this too. Pour in the can of apple cider and add the seasoning.
- Place it on sauté and wait until it starts to bubble.
- Add the pork leg along with more salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 45 minutes on manual.
- When it beeps manually release pressure, allow to rest and then slice up your pork.
We used one can of apple cider which worked out at 440ml.
Careful when you add the meat as you don’t want it to splash back at you and burn your hands.