Welcome to my latest Slimming World Speed Soup recipe and today we are making our best ever Slimming World Chunky Vegetable Speed Soup.
Plus to make life even easier it is made in our Morphy Richards Soup Maker.
These Slimming World recipes that I am featuring this week on RecipeThis.com are all based on soups we are actually eating as part of a speed soup week.
We are having 7 days of soup and trying new and exciting soups each day so that we can lose weight but also feel like we are getting variety in our diet.
The idea behind them is a bit like a detox. A way to get a lot more vegetables in our diet and then have what we would regularly eat for our other meal of the day.
In this recipe today though it is about the chunky soup. Though I must confess now chunky soup is something I rarely have.
Not because I am frightened of it, but I always associate soup with that blended creamy soup that you have as a starter in a restaurant or with big pieces of crusty bread to dip into it.
But I decided to go all out in the chunky soup today and throw in a lot of local seasonal vegetables for the best that the Mediterranean has to offer.
We have carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, cauliflower and turnip. All in season right now in Portugal and perfect for chucking it all in together with some vegetable stock.
It literally takes me 3 minutes to throw it all in and chop it all up. It then cooks on the chunky soup setting in your soup maker and then it is ready to serve.
You could serve it as a main meal or as a starter before dinner.
Another great idea, is to cook this as usual and then while it is cooking throw some sausages into the Airfryer.
Then when they are cooked chop them up and throw them in and you have the fastest ever sausage casserole.
In fact you could do this with all kinds of meat and fish!
Best Ever Slimming World Chunky Vegetable Speed Soup In The Soup Maker
- Peel the carrots and turnip. Deseed the red pepper. Chop up the carrots, turnip, tomatoes and pepper. Chop the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place the vegetables into the bottom of the soup maker.
- Add to it 200ml of water along with the OXO cube, tomato puree, garlic and seasoning. Though reserve the fresh parsley for garnishing later.
- Cook on the chunky soup setting of your soup maker for 28 minutes.
- When it beeps stir, pour into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.