Bread Machine Doughnuts Dough. How to make doughnuts in the bread machine. An easy to follow, dump the ingredients in the bread machine, doughnut dough that you can follow along at home.
Bread Machine Doughnuts Dough
I had just made plans to update our air fryer doughnuts recipe. We had originally made our doughnuts in the air fryer a few years ago and felt like it was overdue an update.
We would normally get all the bowls out, do a lot of measuring and eventually, what felt like hours later, we would have our air fryer doughnuts.
That’s when I suggested to Dominic that we did our doughnut dough in the bread machine instead, then dedicated a week to yummy doughnut recipes on Recipe This.
Like any lover of doughnuts, he didn’t take much convincing. Neither did the kids.
On a warm summer’s day, we all crowded into the Milner family kitchen and made three batches of doughnut dough for three different doughnut recipes.
We then made notes, adjusted the recipes and a few weekends later made the final recipe tests and this is the bread maker doughnut dough.
Which I may add is a touch of genius and never will I make my own doughnut dough ever again.
What Is Bread Machine Doughnut Dough Like?
The doughnuts us Milner’s eat the most, are the ones we buy on the beach here in Portugal. They are just over a Euro and are loaded with custard.
Each time we have a day planned at the beach they are at the top of our agenda.
You will sit in the sand with your homemade doughnut and think how amazing your day is.
But our bread machine doughnut dough is not like that. They are more American. Eating one of these fresh doughnuts in the Milner kitchen takes me back to Dunkin Donuts or the ones we had inside of Disney World.
I doubt you could get a more authentic American doughnut than these.
Yet remember you are just dumping ingredients into the bread maker, rolling out, cutting and air frying.
I mean how amazing is that?
Bread Machine Yeast Doughnuts
When you make homemade doughnuts in the bread machine you will need yeast. It helps them rise and without yeast you will have flat biscuits that might taste okay, but wont look like those yummy doughnuts that you adore.
I recommend this yeast for making bread machine doughnuts. Though you can use any other similar dried yeast.
How To Make Doughnuts In Bread Machine?
The quick version of making doughnuts in the bread machine goes as follows:
- Load doughnut dough ingredients in.
- Sprinkle yeast on top.
- Press dough.
- Roll out + cut into doughnut shapes.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Bread Machine Doughnuts
Would you like to follow our bread machine doughnuts story further? If so, here are the other doughnut recipes we made this week:
Bread Machine Doughnuts Dough
- Add your milk and 6tbsp of water into your bread machine. Crack in an egg.
- Add in your dry ingredients making sure that the yeast goes in last and that it is placed on top. Also make sure that the plain flour covers the wet ingredients. Also make sure that the dry ingredients are spread out and not all dumped in one corner of the bread machine. Add in seasonings including the vanilla essence.
- Place the lid down on your bread machine and set the time to 23 minutes on the dough setting.
- When it beeps roll out your doughnut dough on a clean worktop. Flour the dough and the rolling pin so that it doesn’t stick.
- Using doughnut cutters make into doughnut shapes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: