Welcome to my review of the Brieftons 5 Blade Spiralizer.
Now this has been a long time coming. I have wanted one of these since forever. The idea that you can create different shaped foods from your vegetables and that you can use it to be even healthier than you are already.
Then I started Paleo and again people talked about it and I still didn’t own one. They are unheard of in Portugal and those that can you get here fall to pieces after a few goes, so it was always something that was on the back burner that I would one day get.
Then that moment came…….and Brieftons couriered me one of their 5 blade spiralizers to try out at home. That was actually about three weeks ago and it has been sat in its packaging ever since. Dominic always says that I don’t do new things and that I am scared of using them. Well that is true I am. So I let him, with his years of catering experience give it the first go. Then he came in and told me how easy it was and I was in the kitchen so quick wanting to try it out.
Two Cheese Potato Gratin With Garlic
I checked out all these different blades and for lunch he made us a potato bake. If you have read my potato gratin then you’ll know I am addicted to potato bakes. I just love the flavours of cheese and potato together.
But there is always this problem that you have to combat…..and that is the fact of how long the potatoes take to cook and how many pots and pans you end up going through for what should be a very simple vegetarian approved meal. But with the help of the spiralizer your potato is thin, it cooks quick and it can be cooked in a wok or straight in the oven in a casserole dish depending on what you have in mind.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Brieftons 5-Blade #Spiralizer Review, Try this kitchen gadget and see if you can spiralize your world :)” quote=”Brieftons 5-Blade #Spiralizer Review, Try this kitchen gadget and see if you can spiralize your world :)”]
And just look at how many ingredients are needed – it is mainly just seasoning to be added to potatoes, onion and cheese. It makes it perfect for the busy mum and even though I follow Paleo 70% of the time this is not strictly Paleo and proves that if you own a Spiralizer doesn’t mean you have to be on Paleo!
Brieftons 5-Blade Spiralizer Review
- Using your Brieftons Spiralizer shred the small potatoes into the wok. Add the onions and using the olive oil cook over a medium heat.
- Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Once it has being cooking for 10 minutes add the soft cheese until it resembles a creamy potato dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve!
Why Get The Brieftons Spiralizer?
Here are ten reasons why you should buy the Brieftons Spiralizer:
- They are perfect for Paleo allowing you to swap spaghetti and other pastas for courgette noodles.
- It has five blades making it perfect for different types of vegetable shredding
- Comes with a curly blade that is perfect for curly sweet potato fries
- Printed manual so that you wont feel like a stupid idiot in the kitchen!
- The ultimate Spiralizer kit – when you have this you wont need anything else
- Use it for endless fruit and vegetable creations – there are no limits with what you could do!
- Excellent value for money
- Very sturdy and likely to last you years
- Fits in a nice small box which is perfect for when you have a small kitchen
- Very easy to clean
But out of all those reasons the main reason for me having one hasn’t been mentioned. For me I hate the fact that I am rubbish at chopping and I end up with large things in the pan that take forever to go soft.
Last week for example I was making a vegetable ragu. No matter how hard I tried the pieces of carrots were too big and it took ages to cook the dish. If I had my Spiralizer at the time (well I did I just hadn’t got around to using it) then they could have been shredded and it would have been ready sooner.
That’s A Wrap
In terms of getting yourself one of these amazing Brieftons Spiralizer you can get yours by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a Spiralizer to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.
I have put together a great infographic to show you even more information about the spiralizer: