Welcome to my budget friendly airfryer mini cheese scones recipe.
They always say you always remember where you were when you did certain things. Those first moments. The first time you kissed a boy, the first date, the birth of your babies, your first day at big school, the day when your beloved pet died, the day you got your pet. And the list goes on and on.
This list could also apply to food. As I reckon you can remember (especially when it comes to your favourite food) when you first tried it, who you were with and what it was like.
Well one thing I will always remember is the first thing I cooked at school in food technology lessons. It was cheese scones. They were delicious and you can gurantee that they were so nice, that none were ever left over to take home to my mum and dad. Then there would be a mess in my bag from where the flour had been.
Oh yes the flour. Why couldn’t you just pay a fee to the school and use their pantry? You had to bring all your ingredients yourself. You had to weigh out your flour, your butter or whatever liquids you needed. Normally there would be milk involved and the milk would spill in your bag.
I later learnt to buy the milk from school to save on the mess, but it always felt like a hassle. But like most kids I adored the baking at school thing. It was exciting and much better than Science or being forced to play rugby.
Edit – well my mum measured everything for me, but I was 11 and lazy!
However, I have since learnt that many schools don’t offer school baking anymore which is such a shame. I couldn’t imagine not doing it. It was part of school life. Or they are doing it but they are only doing super healthy food and the scones have been dropped from the menu.
These mini scones in the airfryer are dedicated to my first ever baking in the classroom and who would have thought that 23 years later I would be blogging about it and doing them in a modern appliance like an airfryer.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Budget Friendly #Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones @recipe_this” quote=”Budget Friendly #Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones @recipe_this”]
How Frugal Are Mini Cheese Scones?
Our mini cheese scones recipe works out at 1,45€ for a family of four or 0,36€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $0.40 per mouth that you have to feed!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Onion Rings
- Airfryer Calamari Rings
- Airfryer Chicken Nuggets
- Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Airfryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Turkey Spring Rolls
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Scones
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Airfryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Chicken Strips
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Airfryer Roast Potatoes
- Airfryer Garlic Potatoes
- Airfryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Airfryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Airfryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Airfryer Croutons
- Airfryer Courgette Fritters
Budget Friendly Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Preheat your airfryer to 180c.
- In a large bowl mix together your flour and rub in your butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add your seasoning along with 50g worth of the cheddar cheese and then mix well.
- Add the milk and egg and mix well, get your hands in to do the hard work until your mixture resembles a soft dough. If it is not soft enough add a little more milk.
- Roll out until it is 1.5cm thick and divide into 10 equal pieces. Place a little of the leftover cheese into the middle of them and then make into balls. This will then give you a lovely melted cheese centre.
- Place your mini scones into the airfryer for 20 minutes on 180c.
- Slice in half and place a little bit of butter in the centre of each.