Cauliflower Cheese Soup in the soup maker. My dream creamy soup maker soup. Combining my two favourite ingredients of cauliflower and cheese. This is a soup maker heaven moment that you will want to repeat.
My husband Dominic is not keen on soup. I wouldn’t say he hates soup, but I wouldn’t say he was a fan of it either. Slowly over the years I have tried to wean him into more and more soup suppers.
But what he hates is that if the soup tastes like a diet soup or if it doesn’t have anything to dunk into it.
So our compromise has been to batch cook some of our wholemeal dinner rolls in the bread maker and then we freeze them in packs of 5. Then when we make some homemade soup in the soup maker, out comes a frozen pack of bread rolls too.
Plus, by pre-cooking them it stops you overeating on bread.
Think of all those times you have got some bread for your soup and ended up having 2-3 rolls just because it is there and in front of you. One bread roll (we’re a family of 5) is perfect with a wholesome bowl of soup and its so filling too.
Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Like I mentioned soup is not on Dominic’s wish list as far as comforting suppers are concerned. But when I made him cauliflower cheese soup in the soup maker, he was there and waiting for seconds.
He absolutely loved my cauliflower cheese soup!
I put it down to the fact that he absolutely adores cauliflower cheese and its like a blended version of your favourite cauliflower cheese that you have at your Sunday dinners.
I’m no stranger to cauliflower cheese and have loved it since I was little. I remember when I was in my tweens and I was a vegetarian. Cauliflower cheese was my go to meal.
Soup Maker Cauliflower Cheese Soup
To make cauliflower cheese soup in the soup maker is so easy, you will be disappointed that you hadn’t cooked cauliflower cheese soup in the soup maker before.
- You load the soup maker up with lots and lots of cauliflower florets along with your favourite seasonings.
- Drown it in water and your cauliflower cheese soup is ready to be cooked in the soup maker.
- Once done, season it a little bit more and add the cheese!
More Yummy Cauliflower Recipes
If you love cauliflower as much as me then you will love these other yummy cauliflower recipes:
- Cream Of Cauliflower Soup
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Honey Glazed Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Veggie Burgers
- Cauliflower Cheese Tater Tots
- Cauliflower Rice Stuffed Peppers
- Cauliflower Risotto Rice
- Cauliflower Egg Fried Rice
- Place your cauliflower florets into the bottom of the soup maker.
- Add your seasonings along with 300ml of water.
- Place the lid on your soup maker and cook for 28 minutes on chunky soup.
- Remove the lid when it beeps and add in the Greek yoghurt and the milk and press blend. Stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.
If you’re on Slimming World the good news is, you only need 25g of cheddar for each soup portion and it still tastes incredibly cheesy! I tend to leave a few cauliflower lumps as it gives it more body compared to completely blending your cauliflower cheese soup.
I also add in a bit of milk at a time as depending on how watery the cauliflower is, depends on how much you will need to make your cauliflower cheese soup. This cauliflower cheese soup is very economical. That is because cauliflower goes so far when blended and when milk has been added in. I was AMAZED by how much cauliflower cheese soup it made.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: