Welcome to my chocolate orange Christmas biscuits recipe. Whether it is Christmas time or you just fancy a naughty treat then these chocolate orange biscuits are worth baking. Full of flavour, totally frugal and baked in no time!
This is another of my baking recipes that I have been making for years and years and they have never failed to disappoint. The delicious smells of Christmas along side very naughty cookie biscuits are my idea of true Christmas heaven.
The first thing I think about at Christmas time is the smell. It is the smell of roasted chestnuts, the smell of roasted parsnips or the smell of roast turkey. Seriously…what is there not to love?
What does it for me (well apart from those mentioned above) is the smell of oranges. I particularly love the smell of the big fat blood oranges that you can only get at Christmas time and when placed inside cookies they really do bring them alive.
They are also cooked very quickly and only take a few short minutes to make. If you love cookies then you’ll love these. Also if you want to save money at Christmas why not bake some of these as gifts rather than buying bottles of wine for your friends? They will certainly appreciate the gesture and with the ingredients included being so cheap, then why not?
And before you go off and make yourself some of these delicious chocolate orange cookie biscuits a very big Happy Christmas for us all at RecipeThis.com and thank you for reading our recipes, downloading our podcasts and most of all supporting us in our first year as a family of five and also our first year as full time food bloggers!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Chocolate #Orange #Christmas #Biscuits In The #AirFryer Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Chocolate #Orange #Christmas #Biscuits In The #AirFryer Recipe via recipe_this”]
Chocolate Orange Christmas Biscuits In The Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- In a mixing bowl add your butter and flour and rub the fat into the flour until your ingredients resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add your sugar, vanilla, orange and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add your egg and mix well until your mixture resembles a dough that is a little wet.
- Place some flour onto your hands so that the mixture doesn’t stick to you and make balls out of your dough into 8 equal sized portions.
- Flatten your balls of dough and place a square of dark chocolate inside each piece and then wrap the dough around it so that you can’t see the chocolate.
- Place all 8 pieces into the air fryer on 180c for 15 minutes.