Welcome to my copycat Burger King Whopper burger in the Airfryer recipe.
Did you know it wasn’t until a couple of weeks ago that I finally tried a Burger King Whopper burger? After mentioning I had never had one as I tucked into my McDonalds Dominic let me try his and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was.
You see I had always had a love/hate relationship with Burger King.
It all stems back to when I lived in England. I remember in my teens living in a small town where there wasn’t one, so you only had one McDonalds for your fast food. Then on a day out with a fellow teen to a town that did have one, it was next door to McDonalds. She suggested Burger King and my reaction was they don’t do nice milkshakes and I had just never tried what they did.
Then fast forward to when I was in my early 20’s and we were staying at a holiday camp. One night I went out looking for fast food and all that was open on site was the Burger King. I took some back to our cabin and it was the worst fast food meal I had ever had.
It was absolutely disgusting with everything cold and no flavour to the food. That was 11 years ago and I think a lot of the time with these fast food chains is that a bad meal at one doesn’t mean they are all bad.
So fast forward to 2016 and I am falling in love with their whopper burger. It reminds me of a Big Mac but it feels more like an everyday burger you would get rather than one from a fast food joint.
And it got me thinking about how much I would love to recreate it at home but to make it a lot healthier.
I am a huge fan of the 75% option. Where 75% of what is on your plate is healthy. Just make a few simple changes such as:
- Instead of two burgers like with a whopper one of them can be avocado slices
- Lots more salad and no cheese
- Better quality bread bun
- Use avocado sauce instead of mayonnaise
- No butter in your bread bun – you really don’t need it
- Lean meat with your burger cooked in the Airfryer
- Serve with Airfryer fries (get our recipe here)
And create your own healthy whopper at home and then you can dive into your favourite Burger King Whopper without worrying about the calories.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Copycat Burger King #Whopper Burger In The #Airfryer via recipe_this” quote=”#Copycat Burger King #Whopper Burger In The #Airfryer via recipe_this”]
Copycat Burger King Whopper Burger In The Airfryer
- Philips Airfryer
- 400 g Lean Minced Pork
- 4 Wholemeal Burger Buns
- Avocado Sauce get our recipe here
- 1 Small Avocado
- 1 Small Onion peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp Spring Onion
- Salad Garnish sliced tomato, lettuce, cucumber
- 1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Start by making your burger. In a mixing bowl mix together your diced onion, mince, ½ of your Avocado, all the seasoning and ½ your spring onion. Form them into burgers and place in the fridge for now.
- Warm up your Airfryer on 180c and after 10 minutes place your burgers in the Airfryer and cook for 12 minutes or 8 minutes if you have them as skinny burgers.
- When the burgers are done layer the bottom of a burger bun with salad garnish, then add the burger, followed by avocado sauce, sliced avocado and more garnish. Place the lid on the burger and serve.