Welcome to my creamy guilt free linguine with Semper gluten free pasta.
Whenever I think of linguine or spaghetti I always think of my grandma. Her and my grandad moved in to look after me for 6 weeks while my mum and dad went on holiday when I was 15.
My grandma was born at the end of the 1920’s so the food was always Best of British and very traditional. There would be cottage pie, pie and mash, roast dinners, lots of stewing steak and a huge amount of sugary desserts. Forget Indian or Chinese food she would have probably passed out at the thought of it.
I remember one evening I decided to cook pasta as I couldn’t take another portion of mushy peas. And she was standing over me watching me.
And I remember she grabbed the spaghetti and pulled it apart because it wouldn’t fit in the pan. And gave me a lecture about it cooking properly.
Never mind waiting for it to go soft and turning it, this was how she saw it. So I sat there with my chopped up spaghetti bolognese with a big giggle on my face and I have not been able to eat spaghetti bolognese the same way since!
Then there is me and gluten free pasta. I will start by saying that me and gluten free pasta go together like chalk and cheese. I hate it, it hates me and we never quite get along.
I tried it when I first went Paleo and I don’t know whether it was whether or not I was cooking it wrong but it was always like rubber and I couldn’t stand eating it and as a result the majority would end up in the bin!
A bit like when you go Paleo and you try to make chocolate brownies with coconut flour and realise you suck at it!
Anyway three brands later and three lots of rubber pasta and this time Semper had given me the chance to review their pasta.
I was hoping it was going to be the third time lucky and went with the same recipe I have made a million times before and hopefully I would have better luck this time.
I tried it and I was rather shocked by how nice it was and how taken I was with it. Though I did go on Amazon to order some more to see that they don’t deliver to Portugal – so it looks like it was a one-off food experience.
But at least I have finally managed to overcome gluten free pasta and make a nice meal from it!
Creamy Guilt Free Linguine (With Semper Gluten Free Pasta)
- In a small pan fill with warm water and add your linguine pasta. Add a lid to the top so that it will cook quicker.
- In your large cooking pan add your onion, garlic and olive oil and cook for 2-3 minutes or until your onion is tender.
- Add the coconut milk and the seasoning and mix well it will now resemble a creamy sauce for your pasta.
- When your linguine starts to go soft using a fork bend it around a bit at a time until all your linguine is under the water. Cook it for a further 5 minutes until it is nice and soft and then remove from the heat.
- Drain the linguine and add it to your pasta sauce. Mix well and then serve.