Welcome to our twelfth Podcast at Recipe This and welcome to our latest cooking tips Podcast.
In this Podcast we are talking about international cooking. You know that feeling when you read a recipe from a different country and you’re scratching your head because you don’t understand a word of it.
Flour has a different name, sugar has a different name and then they measure things totally different. Oh and they have names for herbs that you’ve never heard of before!
Well this has been me many times over the years and I am sure I have not been alone with this one. If it wasn’t for watching Friends I still wouldn’t know what an egg plant was and I am sure when I talk about a zucchini to people that I pronounce it all wrong.
I have American family so I have never really had much of an excuse. But I still struggle from time to time with the basic things such as measuring conversions and basic ingredients that go in baked goods.
So this Podcast is dedicated to people on both sides of the Atlantic that want to understand international cooking more and learn what those strange measurements actually mean.
This Podcast will be split into the following main areas:
- Introduction – I will be sharing with you my knowledge of American cooking especially the funny little stories of when the cultural measuring system came into place. Oh and discover what sneaky joke we played on Kyle when we were in Boston.
- The Top 20 Common Cooking Words – Discover the cooking words that we should all know. These are a life saver if you are cooking and you’re trying to source the ingredients for a recipe you want to try out.
- Measurements – I will be sharing with you some simple measurements so that you will never get stuck again on that foreign recipe.
- What I Hate About Foreign Recipes – In the final chapter of the Podcast I will be having a mini rant and sharing with you the worst thing for cooking with a recipe from a different country.
Links & Resources Mentioned In Cooking Tips FM 012:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR COOKING FM PODCAST
If you would like to subscribe to our weekly Cooking FM Podcast then you can do so below:
- Join our mailing list and you will be informed whenever we post a new Podcast
- Access All Of Our Podcasts
- Subscribe Via iTunes
YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME
If you get the chance, please leave us an honest rating and a review on iTunes by clicking here. We would really appreciate the feedback and it will help our Podcasts grow. We appreciate it and we hope you enjoy our Podcasts!