Welcome to my date night pork chops and twice baked potatoes.
Not only am I offering you a fantastic easy date night meal but one that is also frugal. I am an addict when it comes to saving money and love a bargain. And it you want to feed your man then it doesn’t get any better than this.
We are the kind of parents that likes to look after our own children. We don’t have a nanny and like to be with our kids all the time. Well unless they are grumpy that is! The last time Kyle (who will be 15 this summer) was babysat by a non-family member was our wedding night. That was a complete disaster and has put us off ever since. Then between the ages of 3 and 10 he was only ever babysat by my parents once a year and that has been it.
And Sofia at 18mths has never been babysat at all.
We work from home so it means that we can organise our time well. Before Sofia came along in 2014 our date night was always a date lunch. We would go out for lunch together (at least once a fortnight) when Kyle had a long day at school. It was usually a Tuesday because he didn’t finish school until just before six. We could then go out for lunch and we would follow this up with a trip to the cinema and have a ball.
But now we have Sofia (who is well worth missing the cinema for) we have date evenings. When our kids are in bed we will have a lovely supper just the two of us and just enjoy each others company. We will then snuggle in front of the TV for a great movie or one of the TV shows we are currently into.
Many years ago a date night would have involved a takeaway but we love to cook and we like to be healthier than we used to be. But its date night so it would be wrong to have vegetables so we have settled for pork chops and twice baked jacket potatoes. So if you cant afford to go out or just want a night in with the love of your life then here is the recipe to cook!!!!#DateNight Pork Chops & Twice #Baked #Potatoes @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
How Frugal Is Pork Chops & Baked Potatoes?
Our pork chops and baked potato recipe works out at 2,85€ for 2 people or 1,43€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $1.59 per mouth that you have to feed!
- Place two large potatoes in the oven at 220c for 2 hours.
- Remove the centre of your potatoes with a knife and large spoon. Pour your potatoes into a large bowl and add your mixture.
- Our potato mixture is butter, cream cheese, seasoning and Edam.
- Mix the potato centre with your mixture until it is nice and soft and everything is mixed in well.
- Place back in your potato skins and cover with your cheddar cheese. Grill for a further 15 minutes.
- While your potatoes are grilling cook your pork chops in a large frying pan. Cook them for 20 minutes with some olive oil and garlic puree. Turn them regularly to make sure they are cooked on both sides and to make sure they get well coated in the garlic and olive oil.
- Serve with the potatoes.
We have done this recipe with three cheeses because we are cheese addicts but you could change it for your own tastes.
You can also cook the jacket potatoes for less, but we like a really nice crispy skin.