Welcome to Dominic’s creamy chocolate eclairs in the Airfryer.
Now this is heaven in my mouth. They are the most delicious things ever especially with his amazing vanilla cream. But if I eat them as much as I want to, I could see a big weight gain, so these are a one off moment.
Dominic was meant to make eclairs and these ones just remind me of being back in France. When you visit a French bakery there will often be about 10 different versions and they all taste just as good as each other. You are then spoilt for choice and it is hard to decide which one is for you!
But Dominic wanted to prove to me that you didn’t just have to be in France to enjoy heavenly chocolate eclairs and that you could do an amazing job by making them in the Airfryer. What I find that is with the use of the Airfryer that they are fluffier and the dough is nice and crispy on the outside.
These are also perfect for romantic nights in, Sunday treats or just for taking with you on a picnic. Though, we do tend to eat them as soon as they are done rather than saving them for an occasion.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Testing out Dominic’s Creamy Chocolate Eclairs In The #Airfryer from @recipe_this” quote=”Testing out Dominic’s Creamy Chocolate Eclairs In The #Airfryer from @recipe_this”]
Welcome to Dominic’s creamy chocolate eclairs in the Airfryer. Now this is heaven in my mouth. They are the most delicious things ever especially with his amazing vanilla cream.
- Preheat the airfryer to 180c.
- While it is heating up, Place fat in the water and melt over a medium heat in a large pan and then bring to the boil.
- Remove it from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Return the pan to the heat and stir into it forms a medium ball in the middle of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to a cold plate so that it can cool. Once it is cool beat in the eggs until you have a smooth mixture.
- Then make into éclair shapes and place in the Airfryer. Cook for 10 minutes on 180 and a further 8 minutes on 160.
- While the dough is cooking make your cream filling – mix with a whisk the vanilla essence, whipped cream and icing sugar until nice and thick.
- Leave the eclairs to cool and while they are cooling make your chocolate topping – Place the milk chocolate, whipped cream and butter into a glass bowl. Place it over a pan of hot water and mix well until you have melted chocolate.
- Cover the tops of the eclairs with melted chocolate and then serve!
I love my chocolate eclairs to be traditional like long fingers. You can also make them into balls and fill the centre with cream if you prefer.