Welcome to my easy Airfryer KFC chicken strips recipe.
I am sure these KFC chicken strips were created for people like me. There are people out there that just hate chicken on the bone and just want to eat it all and not worry about the bones.
Here in Portugal there is always a lack of things to eat on the menu. You remember the adverts on the television and the branding online and then you go to your local KFC and then find out that all those things that look so yummy are just not available here.
It is all about demand. The different audience. The different set of local ingredients. Then as a result you always feel when you are in the fast food queue that you are hard done by.
We actually find it really funny because in the summer months Portugal is full of British & American tourists and they are always in the queue arguing as to why what they have at home is not available here.
My complaint is that you rarely get given a box when that has always been the main point about KFC or that the boneless buckets are not available. Or the fact that a box always includes the hot wings that I hate.
But one thing that you can always get on the menu is the super delicious chicken strips. They are like food heaven.
I can have them if I am a little hungry as a snack as I am going around the shopping centre or I can have them for supper knowing that you only get two small ones so the calories are not going to be that bad!
With my KFC chicken strips I have made them with coconut and they are full of flavour and a lot less calories than what you would find at a KFC.
They are also made in the Airfryer and are really crispy and incredibly addictive.
They are also perfect served on sticks as a fantastic party snack or for you to take to barbeques during this lovely summer season.
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Onion Rings
- Airfryer Calamari Rings
- Airfryer Chicken Nuggets
- Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Airfryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Turkey Spring Rolls
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Scones
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Airfryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Airfryer Roast Potatoes
- Airfryer Garlic Potatoes
- Airfryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Airfryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Airfryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Airfryer Croutons
- Airfryer Courgette Fritters
Easy Airfryer KFC Chicken Strips
- Chop up your chicken breast into strips.
- In one bowl add your coconut, oats, KFC spice blend, bread crumbs and salt and pepper.
- In another bowl have your egg and in another your plain flour.
- Put your strips in the plain flour, then in the egg and finally in the spicy layer.
- Place in the Airfryer at 180c and cook for 8 minutes and then cook for a further 4 minutes on 160c so that the chicken has plenty of time to cook in the centre.