This is the easiest ever chicken thighs casserole in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Using the Instant Pot sauté setting to add a crispy glaze to the chicken thighs, load up the Instant Pot with root vegetables and potatoes, add stock and cook with the chicken thighs on top. This easy chicken casserole is cooked in JUST 15 minutes.
This summer we went on the road trip of our dreams. It was one of those bucket list trips that we all dream of doing, but very few of us actually do. We travelled to places in England, France, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Luxemburg, Holland and Belgium. We did our trip over 10 weeks, travelled nearly 10,000 kilometres with our 3 kids and it was amazing.
The best thing about our summer camping trip is all the delicious food that we ate. We had ham shanks from the market in France, pastries for breakfast most mornings, homemade soups in the Instant Pot, French desserts, had a picnic in Germany’s black forest and the list went on and on.
But we decided to do was to check out what easy meal options that are in these countries, cook with them in the Instant Pot and then the favourite five would go on the blog as part of our international range.
By easy meal options I am talking about when you get a pre-packaged set of local vegetables or meat that you can just throw in the Instant Pot and make a one pot meal from.
This is the first of our 5 and is our Easy Chicken Thigh Casserole In The Instant Pot.
When we were in England and staying at my aunts I grabbed a Tesco root vegetable medley. It included swede, parsnips, carrots and onion. It is one of those great all in one vegetable packs that is perfect for casseroles, stews and soups and just perfect for making an easy chicken thigh casserole. Especially, if you factor in cooking it in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker in just 15 minutes.
How Do You Cook Chicken Thigh Casserole In The Instant Pot?
#1 Sauté The Chicken Thighs
We all want crispy and flavoursome chicken skin on our chicken thighs. It is the law! We start with a light sauté and then put the chicken thighs to one side.
#2 Prep Ingredients
Next up you chop up your root vegetables and place them into your Instant Pot. It is then layered up and your chicken thighs are placed on top.
#3 Add The Stock + Cook
Add the stock to the Instant Pot, cook and serve.Easy #Chicken Thigh #Casserole In The #InstantPot Pressure Cooker @recipe_this
Easy Chicken Thigh Casserole In The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Season the skin of the chicken thighs with poultry seasoning along with salt and pepper. Add a little olive oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot and place it on sauté. Once the oil starts to warm up add your chicken thighs skin side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until you have some lovely colour on your skin and its starting to crisp up.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, remove the chicken thighs and peel and dice your root vegetables. Dice some baby potatoes into quarters.
- Add the potatoes and the root vegetables to the Instant Pot.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Layer the chicken thighs skin side up on top of the potatoes and vegetables.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 12 minutes on manual.
- Use quick pressure release and remove the chicken thighs.
- Remove ¼ of the stock from the bottom and with the remainder add a gravy thickener and stir until the chicken thigh casserole is lovely and thick.
- 10. Serve while still warm.