Welcome to my Airfryer Falalfel Burger recipe. A delicious veggie burger that is perfect for any season and jammed packed with flavour. It has also been bulked up with cheese for the ultimate Falafel burger.
I did a Slimming World Greek Fakeaway night last month on the blog (thanks to everyone that has sent their kind messages about the recipes) and it was great fun.
It gave me the chance to explore more the Mediterranean food that not only do I love, but that I bring my kids up on. I got to eat the best of the Greek food including homemade hummus, dipping sauce, homemade pita breads and not to forget the most amazing falafel balls ever.
If you are new to falafel and falafel burgers then basically they are the most delicious meatballs for vegans that you will ever try.
Here is a picture of them:
They are also equally popular as really big juicy vegan burgers. But even though I love vegan burgers todays falafel recipe is a falafel veggie burger.
Just because I love something in between that is loaded with cheese. A vegetarian option that is high cheese, high chickpeas and perfect for a very quick Airfryer burger. Something that you can make in a rush without having to worry that time is not on our side.
Introducing you to my Airfryer Falafel Burgers. They have everything that you need for a filling dinner. Including chickpeas, onion, lemon, oats, garlic, cheese and plenty of herbs and spices.
You can then finish them off with a delicious Greek sauce. Then of course they wouldn’t be the same without the hubbys most amazing pull apart bread buns.
You can also use my falafel burger is a base for other great food. For example the chickpea, oats, onion and garlic is the base for any burgers. Then you could go on a tour of the world to make them suit your favourite cuisine.
- Add coriander, curry paste and lime for Thai
- Add Moroccan spice blend and some lamb mince for Moroccan
- Add jerk paste along with pineapple to make them Jamaican
- Add jalapenos along with Mexican seasoning to make them Mexican
- Add garam masala along with extra coriander and make them Indian
Just think chickpeas are like your best friend and even though I love them in a falafel burger, they are so flexible and can be used for a whole range of things.
The great thing about owning RecipeThis.com is that I have explored a lot of foods that I would never have thought of before. I had never bought chickpeas, haricot beans of black beans until I started this site and it is truly amazing how great they make burgers in the Airfryer.
So whether you are a vegan, vegetarian or a BIG meat eater, get involved with chickpeas and great a wonderful masterpiece and make good use out of your Airfryer as they are a truly remarkable bit of kit.
More Burger Recipes In The Air Fryer
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Airfryer Falafel Burger Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#Airfryer Falafel Burger Recipe @recipe_this”]
- Place in a food processor or blender all the seasonings, the garlic, the lemon rind, red onion and the drained chickpeas. Whiz until they are coarse but not smooth.
- Mix them in bowl with ½ the soft cheese, the hard cheese and the feta.
- Combine them into burger shapes.
- Roll them in gluten free oats until you can not see any of the chickpea mixture.
- Place them in the Airfryer inside the Airfryer baking pan and cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Make the burger sauce. In a mixing bowl add the rest of the soft cheese, the Greek Yoghurt and some extra salt and pepper. Mix well until it is nice and fluffy. Add the juice of the lemon and mix one last time.
- Place the falafel burger inside your homemade buns with garnish. Load up with your burger sauce.
I use the Airfryer baking pan just because it is like an oven dish and doesn’t have any holes so it is perfect when you have a moist burger and you don’t want it sticking to everything. For hard cheese I used some mild cheddar then for the soft cheese I used this one. The feta cheese balanced with soft cheese and Greek Yoghurt gives an amazing Mediterranean flavour. Make sure you drain the chickpeas well as they can hold a lot of water and it can turn your burgers into mush. Plus you don’t want to end up having to add more oats than chickpeas to make them bind.
I recommend you check out our Air Fryer Accessories to see what accessories you need.
Why Gluten Free Oats?
I often get many messages asking me why I use gluten free oats a lot in my cooking. But most importantly why I don’t use regular oats? Well for starters the hubby is allergic to regular oats. They cause his IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) to flair up and that has meant years without oats in our cooking.
Then when I discovered Paleo and went with the gluten free option we tried gluten free oats and they were fine with him.
Plus we found that gluten free oats are not as heavy on the body but are still perfect for using in burgers, biscuits and buns.
Airfryer Falafel Burger Recipe Podcast
We also have created a short version of this Podcast. We have loaded it up onto our Itunes account and it is great for a quick download and then you can save it to your phone and then have it in your kitchen with you as you cook.