Flourless Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets recipe. A healthy take on the old school classic. So easy to make, much healthier and your kids will love them. Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets is one of the easiest ever Air Fryer chicken recipes to make and perfect for frugal mid-week dinners.
I love listening to stories of during the war and how the elderly talk about how tough they had things. My Grandma was always letting me stories when I was little, and I loved them. Stories about how she raised 5 daughters during rationing and how the soldiers would give her their rations, or how she could stretch her food to make it last.
I learnt more about the second world war from my grandparents then I ever learnt at school. It was always a true fascinating account of what it was really like. My Grandparents on my mum’s side of the family were 22 and 19 when the second world war started and covered their new parent’s era. Where as my grandparents on my dad’s side of the family had their childhood during the 1939-1945 conflict with Germany.
The scrambled eggs story was the one I remember the most. Being so poor and not having enough eggs to go around, you would have scrambled eggs because then you didn’t need to have an egg each. Unlike with boiled eggs when you did.
Another classic was the chicken. You could make several recipes from one chicken and absolutely nothing was wasted. That is when chicken cutlets were in fashion. You see they are based upon butterfly chicken. Butterfly chicken basically means the chicken is cut so that the breast is half the height. Thus it is like you have 2 portions of chicken breast instead of 1.
How To Butterfly Chicken
- Place your chicken breast on a chopping board. With your hand flat on top of the breast, use a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, going from the thick end to the thin end.
- Though be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Open up your chicken breast so that it is like a butterfly.
- Slice it up into 2 equal pieces.
You can often buy chicken at a cheaper price where it is already cut up like this.
Quite often when it is on the pink sticker clearance deals we will get a large pack of it for just over 1 Euro. That is enough chicken to feed the 5 of us chicken cutlets in the Air Fryer for dinner.
This Air Fryer chicken cutlets recipe is dedicated to all our grandmas, grandads, great aunts and anyone else that got us excited about classic chicken recipes and how amazing they are for modernising in the Air Fryer.
I am sure they would be shocked about all the current kitchen gadgets we now own and how easy cooking with these gadgets is, compared to how long they spent slaving away cooking us dinner back then.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
Today is of course Wednesday and our fortnightly how to cook feature. We have spent most of our Wednesdays this year dedicated to chicken. This is because chicken is so easy to cook and as a protein is a winner for filling up your family.
If you’re new to cooking and want to try new things then Air Fryer Chicken cutlets is a must. It has been around for 100’s of years and it can please even the most fussiest of eaters.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#AirFryer #Chicken #Cutlets #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#AirFryer #Chicken #Cutlets #Recipe @recipe_this”]
Air Fryer chicken cutlets
- Butterfly your chicken first (see instructions above). If using 3 chicken breasts this will divide it into 6 pieces of butterfly chicken.
- Blend half of your gluten free oats until they resemble fine oats.
- Create your production line. In bowl 1 add your egg. In another bowl add your blended oats. In a third bowl add your unblended oats.
- Add to the blended oats ¼ of the unblended oats along with salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- Add to the unblended oats ¼ of the blended oats along with salt, pepper, dried garlic, parmesan cheese and basil.
- Place the chicken cutlets in the fake flour, the egg and then the fake breadcrumbs.
- Cook 2 at a time in the Air Fryer for 11 minutes at 175c/350f.
When using oats instead of flour and breadcrumbs, remember the unblended oats become your breadcrumbs and the blended oats become your flour. I used small parmesan flakes as this is easy to mix in with your fake breadcrumbs.
You can of course use any grated cheese or finely chop up your favourite cheese. The Air Fryer doesn’t like to be over crowded therefore do 2 at a time. Then place them in a plate on top of your Philips Airfryer and this will keep them warm while the others cook. Or use the oven on the lowest setting.