Welcome to my flourless air fryer mini courgette fritter bites recipe. In this air fryer recipe you can enjoy the delicious flavour of mini courgette fritters with an amazing crunchy texture but at the same time be completely flour free.
I love these. I mean I really love these. They have a lovely crunchy flavour thanks to the fine gluten free oats, are loaded with lots of cheese and the courgette gives them a lovely healthy flavour.
I have always eaten courgette fritters with the plain flour but it is really not that healthy and I always find that is gives me a big bloated feeling and often if you are quick frying them in your pan it can often leave an uncooked kind of flour flavour behind. However if you cook them like this it is like eating popcorn chicken balls from KFC with that lovely crunchy flavour.
But you honestly taste them and think that they must be really bad for you when in reality it is just the cheese that says “I shouldn’t eat these to excess”. But I also find that they are great for taking to parties as something to serve on sticks or a snack to eat if you are hungry in between meals.
Whatever your reason for having them and whatever the occasion, please dig in and make a batch of these as they are like balls of cheesy heaven that must be eaten over and over again for a touch of comfort food just without the usual flour!
And don’t forget (if you haven’t already got one) to get yourself an airfryer.
More Gluten Free Recipes In The Air Fryer
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Flourless #Airfryer Mini #Courgette Fritter Bites #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Flourless #Airfryer Mini #Courgette Fritter Bites #Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- Start by grating your courgette and removing any excess water from it by squeezing it out with your hands into a bowl.
- Place your squeezed out courgette and your beaten egg into a mixing bowl. Along with your seasonings and your cheese.
- In your blender place your oats on the high setting and blend until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- Place the oats into the bowl a little at a time as it will go thick rather quickly.
- Mix together and create bite sized balls.
- Place in the air fryer for 12 minutes on 180c.
You can also add more cheese if you wish or remove the cheese for a Paleo alternative.
To make them into a health kick you could also remove the cheese and replace it with seeds. We did this for some of our balls and the flavour was just as good.