Welcome to my flourless best ever Mediterranean broccoli pizza recipe. This will give the most delicious pizza but without the high calories, with the gluten and without all the bad bits that you usually associate with making a pizza.
Think about how much you love broccoli cheese. It’s that lovely balance of flavours whether you’re mad for a broccoli and cheese soup, broccoli gratin or you just love melted cheese over your broccoli for lunch.
Well pizza can rock your broccoli and cheese addiction too!
Then cover your pizza with toppings of your choice whether it is Mediterranean inspired like our pizza, or more aimed towards a bit of naughty toppings that is not so good for your waistline. But as you are getting a low carb base then why not?
In this version we will be having lots of thinly sliced black olives, broccoli pizza sauce, lots of tomatoes, more olives and of course don’t forget the lovely spinach that really makes the pizza complete.
You could eat this everyday the way we have done it and know that you’re getting a huge kick of your five a day.
Or like Dominic prefers to eat it just put sliced bacon and cheese on top!
If you haven’t got one yet this is the soup maker we have by Morphy Richards.#Flourless Best Ever #Mediterranean #Broccoli #Pizza #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Start by preparing your pizza base. In a soup maker or steamer place your large and small broccoli with salt and pepper for 25 minutes.
- When it has steamed place ¾ of it inside a spare teatowel or pillow case and squeeze out all excess moisture. When you have removed the moisture, get rid of any hard bits and you will now have what feels like a dough.
- Place it into a bowl and add to it the egg and mix well.
- Place it on a pizza tray pushing it down rather than rolling it until it is a thin layer over a pizza tray.
- In another bowl place the rest of the broccoli, olive oil and mix with tomato puree and oregano until you have a nice thick sauce. Layer it over the pizza base as an alternative to tomato sauce.
- Decorate with your olives and vegetables.
- Place in the oven at 180c for 20 minutes and then a further 20 minutes at 150c.
You can also exchange broccoli for a whole range of thick vegetables to make a base with or use up your leftover vegetables for a rainbow base.