Welcome to our food blogging Podcast and here we are with Food Blogging FM 008.
Today we are talking about social media. You know that dreaded type of traffic that normally takes over our life! Actually as a food blogger you probably spend more time on social media than you do eating your creations!
I can’t remember the first time I discovered social media and the value of what it had for my business. It just always felt like it was there. The first social media I ever joined was MySpace and quite frankly it did my head in. So boring and so many sections you had to fill in. Then after a month you got about 5 visitors.
Talk about a waste of time and energy!
Thankfully things have improved since then and since we started Recipe This we have had just short of 10,000 visitors, so it has certainly changed over the years.
But then again, back then you had a lot of forum marketing, SEO was easier and you could make a lot more in ebook sales.
Though I do prefer blogging in 2016 compared to blogging in 2008.
In this Podcast though the focus is on getting yourself about on the different social media channels. What to do on each of them and where the majority of your time needs to be spent.
I will also be showing you what to do is a bare minimum on just 6 minutes of your time a day!
[Tweet “Food Blogging FM 008: Social Media Starting Points #socialmedia #foodblogging #blogging”]
This Podcast will be split into the following main areas:
- Latest Blog Posts – If you gave just 6 minutes a day to your latest blog posts what a difference it could make to your business.
- Social Media Walk Through – I will be showing you the benefits of each social media channel and what you should be doing on each of them to increase your brand and of course for good old traffic and social shares!
- Daily Schedule – How much time and where each day. I will show you what to do and in what order for maximum results that will suit people like me that are the busy working mum!
- Food Blogging Q&A – In this section I will talk about Facebook likes and Facebook reach so that you can understand it better!
Links & Resources Mentioned In Food Blogging FM 008:
- Our latest blog posts
- Sumo Me
- Simple Social Media Plugin
- Pinterest Pin It
- Google Plus
Subscribe To Our Food Blogging Podcast
If you would like to subscribe to our weekly Food Blogging Podcast then you can do so below:
- Join our mailing list and you will be informed whenever we post a new Podcast
- Access All Our Past Podcasts
- Subscribe Via iTunes
Your Feedback Is Welcome
If you get the chance, please leave us an honest rating and a review on iTunes by clicking here. We would really appreciate the feedback and it will help our Podcasts grow. We appreciate it and we hope you enjoy our Podcasts!