How To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In The Air Fryer. Your step by step guide to cooking air fryer frozen shrimp. Perfect starting point for learning everything shrimp in the air fryer. Includes lots of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp time and temps and lots of other useful frozen shrimp info.
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
My air fryer frozen shrimp guide has been a long time coming. It was something I have wanted to do for a year now.
But with living in Portugal there is only a good range of frozen shrimp during the holidays.
I patiently waited until late November when there were some frozen shrimp platters for sale and put my plan in action.
It was inspired by our readers when they asked for air fryer frozen shrimp to go with the air fryer frozen chicken wings that I have already shared with them.
On a cold November day here in Portugal, I bought every type of air fryer frozen shrimp that I could get my hands on and loaded it into our freezer.
We had mixed frozen breaded shrimp platters, frozen tempura shrimp, frozen butterfly shrimp along with popcorn shrimp.
It was now time to see how well they cooked in the air fryer and share with you the ins and outs of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp.
Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
Even though we have some frozen shrimp that has no breading in the freezer for another day, today is all about air fryer frozen breaded shrimp.
In a nutshell the frozen breaded shrimp that you buy from the supermarket in either a box or a bag.
You can follow us along regardless of what type of frozen breaded shrimp you have. But we will give you cooking times and ideas for various types of frozen breaded shrimp to help you out.
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp Recipes
The types of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp that we cooked include:
- Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Shrimp – Perfect for a big batch in your air fryer basket. It is small and cooks well and is just as crispy as the pubs or bars.
- Air Fryer Frozen Tempura Shrimp – Perfect for fans of the jumbo shrimp. You can’t cook as many in the air fryer as they can’t be overloaded. Depending on the size of your air fryer, I recommend cooking approximately 8 at once.
- Air Fryer Frozen Butterfly Shrimp – Make frozen butterfly shrimp in the air fryer and it will taste better than the Chinese restaurant. You can also use it for making battered sweet and sour shrimp too.
- Air Fryer Frozen Scampi & Chips – Perfect air fryer frozen shrimp recipe to follow if you either want a UK version or what to see how you can cook shrimp at the same time as fries.
Types of Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
You can of course cook all types of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp. That is because the air fryer was invented for cooking frozen shrimp in it as a lower calorie alternative to the deep fat fryer.
Its not as healthy as making your own, but the calorie reduction is amazing if you are hooked on frozen breaded shrimp. I also prefer the taste of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp compared to deep fried frozen breaded shrimp.
This is because its not heavy on the oil and doesn’t taste overly fatty, just crispy and delicious.
My favourite types of air fryer frozen breaded shrimp include:
- Air Fryer Frozen Battered Shrimp – You can use a similar frozen battered shrimp as you would have in your local Chinese restaurant. Then smother it with sweet and sour sauce or my favourite hoisin sauce and you have a great Chinese meal idea.
- Air Fryer Frozen Fried Shrimp – I like to bread jumbo shrimp and then use the air fryer to make fried shrimp. This is also fantastic to make yourself and freeze as part of your meal prep plans.
- Air Fryer Frozen Panko Shrimp – If you prefer, you can buy frozen panko shrimp and cook it in the air fryer. There is no panko shrimp available to me to test, but one of my loyal readers that lives in Ohio in the US swears by it.
- Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp – I love coconut and add it to a lot of my breaded mixtures before cooking in the air fryer. Coconut gives a wonderful tender texture and stops the shrimp from being dry.
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp Time & Temp?
I am sure you really want to know what the air fryer frozen shrimp cooking time is, as well as the temperature.
From all the different types of frozen shrimp we have cooked in the air fryer, we have found that a universal temperature is required. That is 180c/360f or as many air fryers call it “medium”.
For an air fryer frozen shrimp cook time, this can vary depending on the size of the frozen shrimp you are cooking.
Small frozen shrimp in the air fryer such as scampi/popcorn shrimp only needs 7-8 minutes depending on your air fryer.
Medium to large frozen shrimp in the air fryer needs 9-10 minutes. This would apply to air fryer frozen tempura shrimp or air fryer frozen butterfly shrimp.
Using The Air Fryer To Cook Frozen Shrimp
There is not much to cooking air fryer frozen breaded shrimp.
You need your favourite frozen breaded shrimp and a good air fryer. If it is a breaded shrimp that is dry, I also recommend an extra virgin olive oil spray to slightly blitz the top of the breaded shrimp.
Homemade Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp
Looking for homemade air fryer breaded shrimp? Well we have that covered too.
On this link we have our favourite homemade breaded shrimp that we cooked in the air fryer.
Perfect if you don’t like eating frozen food. And worth the effort. It is based on homemade popcorn shrimp and it is hard to just have one portion!
How To Air Fry Frozen Shrimp?
Cooking frozen breaded shrimp in the air fryer is so simple:
- Remove the frozen breaded shrimp from the packaging and remove any excess breading that has fallen off in the box.
- Place your shrimp into your air fryer basket.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes on a medium temperature.
- Serve with your other favourite frozen shrimp!
We also have a lot more air fryer recipes for you to check out and find some new ideas for planning your meals. As well as this we have our air fryer frozen food ecookbook, which is full to bursting with all our air fryer frozen recipes in one big PDF ebook. You can order it on this link or click on the banner below.
How To Cook Frozen Breaded Shrimp In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp Ingredients:
- 564 g Frozen Shrimp
- Olive Oil Spray
- Remove your frozen shrimp from the packaging, carefully discarding any loose pieces of breading or batter.
- Place your frozen shrimp into the air fryer. Though make sure they are not overcrowded and there is room for them to cook.
- Spray the tops of your frozen breaded shrimp with olive oil.
- Set the temperature to 180c/360f and the time for 10 minutes.
- When it beeps serve with your favourite sides.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: