Welcome to my frugal family cheesy homemade garlic bread recipe.
After yesterday and showing you how to make a homemade bolognese pizza from scratch and how delicious it was I am back with another pizza classic.
This time I am all about the leftover dough. I made a big bolognese pizza yesterday but because there is always quite a lot of dough leftover we have plenty to do another day.
Just think next time you make a pizza, make sure you roll the dough out into a thin crispy crust and then see what else you can make from it.
Have a look at the graphic below as the possibilities are endless:
Personally, I love the mix of chorizo and cheese. I can be really boring like this and it will often be my topping when we go to Pizza Hut!
One of my all time favourite pizza toppings is the simplicity of garlic bread with cheese. It brings me back to my childhood.
Between the ages of 6 and 16 I was lucky enough to have an Italian restaurant at the end of my street. I mean how many other pizza addicts can say that?
I would often share garlic bread with my parents and the great thing was watching them cooking it. And getting all excited about the flavours.
Then I would usually have a calazone with my mum as it was that huge.
But if I could go back and have one thing it would be the garlic bread as it was amazing.
Nowadays whenever you go to a pizza restaurant they use a baguette to make the garlic bread which is not the same as a lovely thin and crusty pizza base.
In this recipe below I am showing you a super fast garlic bread made with your leftover dough.
How Frugal Is Cheesy Garlic Bread?
Our cheesy garlic bread recipe works out at 1,72€ for a family of four or 0,43€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $0.50 per mouth that you have to feed!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Air fryer Onion Rings
- Air fryer Calamari Rings
- Air fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air fryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Air fryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Turkey Spring Rolls
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Scones
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Air fryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Chicken Strips
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Air fryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Air fryer Roast Potatoes
- Air fryer Garlic Potatoes
- Air fryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Air fryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Air fryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Air fryer Croutons
- Air fryer Courgette Fritters
Frugal Family Cheesy Homemade Garlic Bread
- Start by rolling out your pizza dough ready for its topping.
- Add a layer of soft cheese on your base.
- In a pan on a medium heat, melt your butter until it is nice and runny. Mix with the garlic puree, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Layer the garlic butter mixture on top of the cream cheese and place it in the oven. Cook on 180c for 20 minutes.