Homemade Sloppy Joes In The Instant Pot. Using Fresh French baguettes and cooked on a campsite in France with the help of the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. The ideal family supper whether you are camping or just want a quick homemade dinner at home.
France is an amazing place especially if you love your food, but OMG food in France is super expensive. What we pay for Piri Piri Chicken and chips in Portugal is about 8 Euros. This includes pieces of chicken, chips, salad, bread and olives, a glass of wine and sometimes dessert too. Though in France you will pay 9 Euros just for the cooked chicken.
I am quite tight when it comes to money, so my plan B in France was to cook for myself and add a few French staples to my cookery.
On campsites I would buy a French baguette and then load it up with my own homemade Sloppy Joes. It was much cheaper than eating out and OMG I got to eat French Baguettes every day and they are HUGE.
As well as this we had taken our Instant Pot camping with us across Europe and it kept our grocery shopping bill right down. We could just get out our Instant Pot for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it always felt so effortless.
Plus, we cooked it when the sun was shining for our dinner and it felt fantastic to have such an amazing meal for dinner while camping.
How Do You Make Sloppy Joes In The Instant Pot?
The wonderful thing about our homemade Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot is that it’s the ultimate dump and go Instant Pot recipe. Then you set the valve to sealing and let the Instant Pot do the work, then while you wait butter your fresh bread.
Homemade Sloppy Joes Is This Simple:
#1 Chop up your carrots, onions and garlic and place them into the Instant Pot with a little olive oil. Sauté them for a couple of minutes.
#2 Add the rest of the ingredients into the Instant Pot and break down the mince for a minute or two.
#3 Cook the Sloppy Joes in the Instant Pot and once cooked stir and serve over warm bread.
Homemade Sloppy Joes
A homemade Sloppy Joes in the classic sense will involve mince, tomato sauce, onions, Worcester Sauce and your personal choice of seasonings.
But because I am all about being frugal this summer and bulking up meals I have also included carrots. Plus, because I am on the Mediterranean fresh garlic is an absolute must! Whether you are camping or at home, it’s a great comforting cheap dinner for you and your family.
More Beef Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Scraps
- Instant Pot Easy Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Philly Steak Sandwich
- Instant Pot Beef Green Bean Stir Fry
- How To Cook Beef Stew In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Beef Brisket In The Instant Pot
Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Peel and dice the carrots, onion and garlic and place them into the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, mince and seasoning. Give it a good mix so that the tomatoes and mince are well mixed in and so that the mince has started to break down.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 6 minutes on manual.
- Manually release pressure, give it a stir and pour over your French baguettes.