Welcome to how to make delicious British lemon tarts in the Airfryer recipe.
I remember back in February sharing with you our strawberry jam tarts recipe. It was another of those classic recipes that reminded me of growing up in England and going to the local British bakers.
It was a children’s dream come true with all these different delicious pastries to choose from and never knowing where to start or how to choose just the one.
Also because I grew up in Yorkshire it meant that they were everywhere. They were on every street and sometimes if the street was long then there would be more than one of them.
I would usually end up with a sausage roll or a jam tart but I also had a third favourite and that was the legendary lemon tart. They were just as nice as the jam tarts but gave a lovely zing to them that only lemon curd could.
From back then in the 80’s it started my love affair with the British lemon tart and to this day it is still one of my favourite treats.
Though living in Portugal it doesn’t exist so I have to make my own! I am not a big egg pudding kind of girl and when you have a pastry here in Portugal it is all based around the egg tart.
Though on a side note when I was testing out recipes for this lemon tart recipe my son said it reminded him of them, so not sure what happened there?
The biggest benefit of the lemon tart though (especially when you are using this amazing award winning lemon curd) is how easy it is to make.
Don’t believe to follow in the footsteps of the British classics that you have to spend all day in the kitchen because you don’t.
This recipe is also great for leftovers if you have a little shortcrust pastry leftover and you want to make good use out of it.
Or surprise your kids with some lemon tarts for when they return home from school. I am sure they will be really pleased if you do!
More Baking Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Fruit Crumble Mug Cakes
- Airfryer Chocolate Mug Cake
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Airfryer Pineapple Cake
- Airfryer Banana Bread
- The Ultimate Airfryer Doughnuts
- Airfryer Chocolate Eclairs
- Airfryer Chocolate Brownies
- Airfryer Mini Apple Pies
How To Make Delicious British Lemon Tarts In The Airfryer
- In a large mixing bowl make your shortcrust pastry. Mix together the butter, flour and sugar using the rubbing in method. When it resembles fine breadcrumbs add the lemon rind and juice, nutmeg, then mix again. Add water a little at the time using the water to combine the ingredients until you have lovely soft dough.
- Roll out your pastry with a little flour.
- Using small ramekins or little pastry cases rub a little flour around them to stop them sticking and then add your pastry. Please make sure your pastry is nice and thin otherwise when cooked it will end up way too thick.
- Add ½ teaspoon into each of your mini tart containers and then cook your lemon tarts for 15 minutes on 180c.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and then serve.
Mrs Darlington’s Legendary Lemon Curd
We made our lemon tarts incredibly quickly thanks to Mrs Darlington’s Legendary Lemon Curd. We were really not surprised that it was an award winner with its amazing creamy taste. Forget the lemon curd you buy in the supermarket this is a quality alternative and as they say you get what you pay for!
Though if I mentioned it was less than £3 a jar I am sure you would be rather shell shocked and running to the website to buy some.
Plus, who said it was just for making lemon tarts. I had some on my toast for breakfast and Kyle loved it spread over some homemade plain biscuits we had. Also if you have some spare pastry just add a little of this stunning lemon curd to it and then you can be making the best ever use out of your leftovers.
In terms of getting yourself one of these legendary jars of lemon curd (or exploring the rest of their range) you can explore more by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a good quality lemon curd to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.