Welcome to how to make smooth chicken liver pate in one pan.
I will start by saying that I absolutely love chicken liver pate. I mean who doesn’t? The lovely flavours of chicken liver into a smooth pate that you can’t just have one spoonful of.
It is one of those British things that I can never really knock on the head. Plus, when I can go down to Makro (local cash and carry) and get a huge pack of chicken livers for just after 2 euros it is much cheaper to make my own chicken liver pate than to buy in some of the processed stuff.
This chicken liver pate recipe is actually my mums and she made some several years ago and it was so nice that I asked for the recipe.
It has since sat in my homemade recipe ebook for five years and we have made it several times.
Unlike many family recipes that we often end up changing this one always stays the same.
Though when I watch Dominic making it I swear he puts more butter in it than is in the recipe, just because of how nice it tastes but I can’t be sure.
If you are a pate lover and can get your hands on some chicken livers then I highly recommend this recipe.
Though you are likely to eat a lot of bread because when I have one slice of French bread with pate on, I have to have another and another. There is just no stopping me.
Thankfully I don’t have it that often otherwise there would be a lot of weight gain going on.
How To Make Smooth Chicken Liver Pate In One Pan
- Soak chicken livers in the milk. Remove sinew bits and dry the chicken livers on a tea towel or kitchen towel until they are completely dry.
- Melt butter in your large pan and then sauté the livers and add the salt and pepper.
- Add the brandy and carry on cooking the liver until lightly cooked. Drain the livers from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce stock in the pan by half and add the garlic, yoghurt and the tomato puree.
- Place the livers pack in the pan and using a hand blender, blend the mixture in the pan until you have smooth pate.
- Test it to make sure it has enough garlic and brandy for your taste buds and then allow to cool.
- Serve with French crusty bread.