Welcome to my Indian Spiced Pulled Pork in the slow cooker.
I will admit now that I hate barbeque sauce. I have just always found it to be way too rich and salty for me and whenever anything is prepared in barbeque sauce I am always running away!
When I first discovered pulled pork (I think it was in 2010) I had seen a recipe in a magazine and gave it a go. It was with the traditional barbeque sauce and way too much brown sugar and I hated it.
I then spent a good six months perfecting it until I had it spot on.
Then I changed it around a bit and added a few more Indian spices and this is the version that I have now!
I love this method and it’s really easy to make and unlike many versions doesn’t require an overnight marinade.
The preparation time can take a while. This is because you have to measure out the different spices before you start cooking.
The spice blend can be altered so that you can have more/less spice depending on how curry like you enjoy your pulled pork.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Indian Spiced Slow Cooked Pulled Pork #slowcookerrecipes from @recipe_this” quote=”Indian Spiced Slow Cooked Pulled Pork #slowcookerrecipes from @recipe_this”]
Indian Spiced Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- In a small bowl mix together all the seasonings until they are all mixed well.
- Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker on a low heat.
- Rub the olive oil into the top of the shoulder and round the sides so that it becomes nice and sticky.
- Rub in the seasoning to where you’ve added the olive oil so that you’re creating a nice layer of Indian spice.
- If you have any left over put in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for six hours and then serve.
Where To Source Your Pork Shoulder To Make Indian Spiced Slow Cooked Pulled Pork: