Welcome to my Instant Pot bean and bacon soup recipe. Enjoy some delicious home cooking like Grandma used to make with this homemade bean and bacon soup in the Instant Pot.
After last week and showing you our homemade potato and bacon soup I wanted to expand on this and show you another hearty soup made with bacon.
What I love about my hearty soups made in the Instant Pot is that you can fill your pot to ¾ full and end up with enough soup for 2 days worth of meals. What I do is serve everyone with a bowl of soup when it is done and then portion up the same size again for the freezer for us to have at a later date.
I am all for being frugal and getting value for money out of my freezer and have a massive stash of food in the chest freezer. I just pray that my freezer never breaks down as it would be the end of the world!
I have a huge container (inside my chest freezer) with leftover meals just from my Instant Pot that I have gathered together since I started using it. It is now labelled up and is perfect for those days when you just can’t be bothered to cook.
Though, I tend to save them for when my son Kyle is off from school during the school holidays. As like any typical 15 year old lad he never stops eating and it helps keep my grocery shopping bill down!
I also have reduced to clear meat that I have picked up from the supermarket ready to use as we need it.
One of the meats that I always wait until it is on offer is bacon. It can be rather expensive here and when it’s on a deal I will bulk buy it.
I made this bean and bacon soup in the Instant Pot using some spare bacon. But you’re in for even more of a treat as this also has lots of sausages, tomatoes and tonnes of flavour.
Also if you’re new to your Instant Pot this is a fantastic starting point!
More Soup Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Bean & #Bacon #Soup #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Bean & #Bacon #Soup #Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Place your Instant Pot on the sauté setting and sauté your onion with the olive oil.
- Chop your sausages into quarters and slice your bacon into small cubes, then add them to the Instant Pot. Cook them for 5 minutes or until they have a nice bit of colour on them. If you need to add a little more olive oil to stop everything sticking then do so.
- Add the beans and tinned tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the seasonings and stir again.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, turn it to sealing and cook on the soup setting for 10 minutes.
- When it is finished (it will beep 6 times) and then manually move the valve and when the pressure has steamed out, you can then remove the lid and serve.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Please make sure you drain the beans otherwise in their own juices haricot beans can be really salty.
I use plum tinned tomatoes because they are the cheapest, you can use diced ones to save time or just bash plum tomatoes with a wooden spoon while cooking to break them up.
Where To Source Your Bacon To Make Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Sam: I’m just putting soup on for lunch would you come in when I am ready?
Dom: What for?
Sam: To seal it!
Dom: You could do it?
Sam: But I might break it!
As you can see I am confident with the saute feature and mixing everything but I am yet to seal my own pressure cooker! Hopefully I will get there before the end of the 30 days.