Instant Pot Beef Brisket for me shouts out the best ever sandwiches. Not only is the beef brisket so tender thanks to the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, but they are crispy too and perfect in a big bread bun, with a delicious beef sauce made from the leftover beef brisket juices.
Instant Pot Beef Brisket you say? Well count me in. I can’t believe my former vegetarian self is so addicted to beef brisket.
I used to be repulsed by meat. I hated the look of bacon, thought that fat from minced beef was vile and couldn’t even stand looking at ribs.
I mean what happened to my teenage self?
Well I just stopped. After 5 years of being a vegetarian I just returned to meat. Being a vegetarian is really not a fun place to be when you HATE mushrooms and are ALLERGIC to nuts.
Try going out for a pub meal and not having a choice that didn’t include mushroom stroganoff or a nut roast.
It just became a nightmare and in the end I just gave up.
But within 5 years of not being a vegetarian I met my husband. A person obsessed with meat and who would rather just eat meat for the rest of his life.
He taught me to love meat, put up with removing the fat from the bacon just for me, cook my steak to well done as I hated any pink juices, would chop up the chicken for me because he knew I hated doing it and would accept it when I fed him vegetarian food for 2 days in a row.
When it is his day to cook you can guarantee there will be meat involved, whereas when it is my turn it will either be vegan and vegetarian. I have educated him on how delicious vegan food can be, while he has showed me that meat can taste amazing if cooked right.
He has even got me eating beef (and enjoying it too) when it is rare to medium. Something that I never thought would happen. I get excited now when we take a trip to the Brazilian restaurant and have the Brazilian barbecue and I will be the one digging into the rare sirloin that is on offer.
Now in my mid 30’s my body gets excited whenever someone mentions beef brisket. I know. I know. It’s not beef fillet is it? But Beef Brisket in my mind is one of those totally underrated meats that we should all eat more often.
When you cook beef brisket correctly it can be so tender that you will be lost in foodgasm world.
You will savour the delicious flavour and how beef can be so soft. Forget those cuts of beef that end up giving you toothache all day, this is the real deal.
But a lot of people fail to get beef tender because they over cook it, cook it on the wrong temperature and all sorts of other reasons. Or it’s the blame of the cut of beef being too tough and you end up needing a lot of paracetamols while your teeth recover.
However if you cook beef brisket in the Instant Pot instead, all of a sudden you have the most tender Instant Pot Beef Brisket that you have ever tried. Follow this up with a quick crisping in the Airfryer and OMG. And of course even though I have used my Instant Pot for this you could use any pressure cooker for similar results.
More Beef Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Scraps
- Instant Pot Easy Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Philly Steak Sandwich
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Beef Green Bean Stir Fry
- How To Cook Beef Stew In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Brisket
- Start with a sharp knife by scoring your brisket, giving it several medium sized slits.
- Place your beef brisket on a chopping board and season well with paprika, salt and pepper and rub it into the top sides and bottom.
- Place 1 cup (240ml) of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot Inner Pot. Place the brisket on top and set the Instant Pot to sealing.
- Cook the beef brisket on manual for 40 minutes.
- While the beef brisket is cooking make/cook your bread buns.
- After it beeps use quick pressure release and place the beef brisket back on your chopping board.
- Make sure it is free from any excess liquid and then rub a little extra salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place it on the grill pan inside of your Airfryer. Cook at 180c/360f for 5 minutes to crisp it up.
- Make your sauce. Mix together 250ml of your stock from the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add to it salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, barbecue seasoning, garlic puree. Mix it well and thicken it up with a little corn flour.
- 10. When the Airfryer beeps remove the beef brisket, slice it up and serve inside your bread buns with your sauce.
Where To Source Your Beef Brisket To Make Instant Pot Beef Brisket: