Welcome to my latest recipe and here is our best ever Easter Cakes. With a delicious cake centre and with loads of sweet icing thrown on top they are perfect for a treat this Easter.
We will be having these beauties on Easter Sunday. Well that is if we have any room. Our Easter meal will be roast turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, shedloads of fresh vegetables and then of course gravy.
We will all be cosy together around the dining table. We will laugh when Kyle complains when we steal the last roast potato and he will laugh back at being super skinny because he always fails to get the last one.
We will then sit on the sofa and eat these best ever Easter cakes while our full tummy tells us that we really shouldn’t and that we have eaten way too much. Then we will probably watch a cheesy movie and wonder why we end up so fat at Easter!
So that is Easter in the Milner house. Obviously there is also a lot of baking, lots of fresh fruit, days at the beach, walks with the dog and then just the chance to have a few free days away from work.
I must say I love Easter.
In this recipe though, that I may add is so ridiculously easy to make, it is a case of throwing all the ingredients in, then cooking it in cute ramekins and then throwing the icing over when it is cooked.
It really couldn’t get any better than this could it???
And I must say that this is the addiction with the Instant Pot. The fact that you can make things fast and you can make things that taste amazing.
So if you are stuck for an idea of what to eat for dessert this Easter and want something different then it doesn’t get any better than this!
My big issue though….is why does it have to be 6 days before I can enjoy my best ever Easter cake.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Best Ever Easter Cakes #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Best Ever Easter Cakes #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Best Ever Easter Cakes
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, butter, brown sugar, coconut sugar, orange, eggs, vanilla essence, milk and cinnamon. Mix well with an electric hand mixer until you have a great creamy cake batter.
- Flour four ramekins and then split the mixture between the four.
- Place the traditional 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then add the steaming shelf and then place the ramekins on top.
- Set the Instant Pot to sealing and cook on steam for 28 minutes.
- Remove from the Instant Pot using an oven glove and use a knife by going down the sides in order to remove them from the ramekins.
- Leave on a dinner plate to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar with a little water until it is of a thick consistency. Then split it in two. Leave one as it is and then with the other add a little red colouring until it goes pink.
- Pour the icing sugar over the Easter cakes. Adding the white first and then following this up with the pink.