Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and in our latest pasta recipe we are sharing with you our Instant Pot best ever turkey and tomato penne pasta. Full of delicious cherry tomatoes, penne pasta and not forgetting soft cheese, this is a pasta lovers dream come true.
One of my regular frugal purchases is what they call frying meat. It is thin strips of turkey that is always on offer in the supermarket and is perfect for cooking in a pasta dish.
We will wait until it is on offer to be used on the same day, place it in our freezer and get it out whenever we fancy a delicious frugal pasta dish. Usually we will pay about 60 cent for 6 big strips and each strip can easily do 2 meals for a family of four. This means that just for the meat it will cost 30 cent. Then our pasta will come in at about 15 cent and add a few tomatoes and you have a very cheap meal indeed.
We do end up eating these a lot just because it is so frugal, so quick to cook and is perfect for that lazy day when you can’t be bothered to cook yourself.
Plus if you can’t get hold of any cherry tomatoes you can trim some other tomatoes up instead. For example during November we always have some delicious beef cake tomatoes on sale and I will use them instead.
You could also use this dish to build your own one pot pasta in your Instant Pot. For example swap the tomatoes for red peppers or courgettes or swap penne pasta for macaroni pasta.
I love the idea of pasta that you can just throw together into the pot and this is your chance to achieve exactly that!
More Pasta Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Garlic Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Turkey & Sweet Potato Lasagne
- Instant Pot Double Cheese Chicken Rigatoni
- Peel and dice your onion. Peel your garlic cloves.
- Place into the bottom of your Instant Pot the olive oil along with your garlic, turkey and onion. Allow the onion to soften and your turkey to have a white coating.
- Add the seasonings, tinned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the pasta along with an equal amount of boiling water and the OXO cube.
- Mix again, place the lid on your Instant Pot and set to sealing.
- Cook for 10 minutes on the manual setting.
- Remove the lid instead of waiting for it and move away as the steam comes out and the pressure is released.
- Mix the pasta with a wooden spoon, drain any excess liquid and serve.
We use small slices of leftover turkey breast. You can also use chicken breast if you prefer.
We use traditional plum tinned tomatoes, they are much cheaper than diced ones. Then when we make the dish we will bash the plums with a wooden spoon and it will break them up into small pieces.
For a creamy version add a couple of tablespoons of soft cheese at the end and it will give it a delicious end flavour.